Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About KevinD

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks for the pointers, AussieDude! Much appreciated! I'll check them out and see how we go. Legal Aid is another good avenue too...
  2. Hi AussieDude, what's DSS/ FACS/ DOCS? Is there an organisation/ authority whom we can approach for help with the situation?
  3. Hi AFV, the child is cared for by his mother. As his mother is on a visitor visa, both of them have to travel to Vietnam and back to Australia every 3 months or so. The mother is currently applying for financial support with CentreLink. I've tried to help them by searching through the Australian Immigration website to look for the right type of visa to apply for the mother (so that she can remain in Australia permanently to look after her child). However, I couldn't find anything that applicable to this situation. Any suggestion?
  4. Hi all, I am asking this question on behalf of a friend who is a mother to a 10 year-old Australian by descent boy. The boy has got his Australian passport and currently enrolled in a school in Melbourne. The mother is on visitor visa (FA, subclass 600), which only allows her to stay in Australia 3 months at a time. At the moment, both the boy and his mother have to travel back and forth between Vietnam and Australia every 3 months. The mother is unsure of what visa she can apply in order to remain permanently in Australia to look after her child. The father doesn't want anything to do with the boy or his mother. Many thanks in advance for your advice. Kevin
  • Create New...