Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '482 visa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Australian Visas and Migration
    • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
    • General Requirements for Australian Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Partner Visas
    • Family Visas
    • Bridging Visas
    • Resident Return Visas
    • Other Temporary Australian Visas
    • Other Permanent Australian Visas
    • Australian Permanent Residency
    • Health Criteria and Character Requirements for Australian Visas
    • Visa Conditions, Refusals, Cancellations, Reviews and Appeals
  • Australian Citizenship
    • Australian Citizenship
  • Migration to Other Countries
    • Visas and Migration to the UK
    • Visa's, Business and information for Thailand
  • News
    • Australia and Thailand Related News
    • Australian Visa & Migration News
  • Moving, Travelling, Living, Working and Studying in Australia
    • Travelling and Moving to Australia
    • Discount Flights
    • Travelling within Australia
    • Living in Australia
    • Studying in Australia
    • Working in Australia – Jobs and Careers
    • Real Estate in Australia - Renting, Buying and Investing
    • Business, Banking and Investment in Australia
    • Insurance
  • General
    • General Topics
    • Post Grad Students Returning to Thailand
    • Overseas Travel Advice & Warnings
  • Feedback and Suggestions
    • Feedback and Suggestions
    • Forum Announcements


  • Australian Visa Forum
  • Australian Visa Forum
  • Mellu's Blog
  • maquesilix's Blog
  • khan's Blog
  • Extravagant's Blog
  • ThaivisaExpress' Blog
  • Natalia84's Blog
  • Kangaroo_Girl's Blog
  • afrocom1's Blog
  • Leigh Winstone's Blog
  • Philippines to Australia
  • Michelle1984's Blog
  • Michelle1984's Blog
  • Rob's
  • Poonam Rawal's Blog
  • Kazoo's Blog
  • imdhighways' Blog
  • maver95's Blog
  • praju
  • chloewalmsley's Blog
  • visit visa to partner visa
  • casandy248-2's Blog
  • casandy248-2's Blog
  • Jennifer's Blog
  • azahrita's Blog
  • kamal's Blog
  • tinexclan's Blog
  • tinexclan's Blog
  • terryince365's Blog
  • Pemaah's Blog
  • raj12345's Blog
  • emchaps' Blog
  • EB5 Visa Program
  • Patrick's Blog
  • Agentcis' Blog
  • keely's Blog
  • strawberry75's Blog
  • gaurav03jain's Blog
  • gaurav03jain's Blog
  • Andy77's Blog
  • nagracks69's Blog
  • Ely's Blog
  • 190 or 489 NEED HELP
  • carpy0126's Blog
  • ajito151's Blog
  • taraoates91's Blog
  • wawandozki's Blog
  • wawandozki's Blog
  • Salman's Blog
  • jigianand's Blog
  • Hugh's Blog
  • kizza's Blog
  • Brendan's Blog
  • Brendan's Blog
  • Brendan's Blog
  • Ceila's Blog
  • annieh's Blog
  • rohailali's Blog
  • Aussieindian's Blog
  • elmac's Blog
  • Scope of Civil Engineer for Migration to Australia & PR Processing Time
  • simgha87's Blog
  • JEF's Blog
  • JEF's Blog
  • Immigration Document Verification
  • kew's Blog
  • The Shulman Law Group
  • (Text,Call or whatsapp:+1 (719) 297-5048) buy Cheap Vyvanse 80mg online/purchase Vyvanse Online/Order Vyvanse online (Text,Call or whatsapp:+1 (719) 297-5048)

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 4 results

  1. Hi, wondering if you can help as struggling to get a definitive answer!! Me and my girlfriend (have been together for 9 years) are moving to Brisbane in the coming months. So me (coming on a 482 visa. PRETTY MUCH GUARANTEED) But my girlfriend (11 year healthcare assistant) can’t get sponsorship so looking at available options! So the best option would be her coming on mine as a dependant, we don’t live together or save money together BUT in a fully committed relationship and can prove all other areas of the relationship (social & pictures, bookings, declarations) So as you can tell the main area of the de facto relationship is living together with letters which we don’t have. The main advice given is that she gets a working holiday visa, then when we arrive - set up tenancy together, set up joint savings and current account and register in a committed relationship officially with the government. NOW we have been told that after 6 months, then she can go on my visa (this is with the understanding that my company will do this on my visa) Can you please really help me and confirm if this is correct and obviously if there is a simpler or quicker/easier option???? Thank you so much! Rob
  2. Hi, I am from China and just got my PhD this year. I plan to go to Australia to do 1.5-year post-doc research and need to apply for a 482 visa (mid term stream). According to Australia home affairs website, I need to get a skill assessment for university lecturer. However, I just finished my PhD study and have never worked before. Can I present my PhD research experience as the working experience in skill assessment? Or do I need to work in my country for 2 years to meet the skill assessment criteria before I can go to Australia? Also, I searched on the internet and saw some people said that post-doc researcher applying for 482 visa do not need to lodge a skill assessment. Is this true? I can't find the relevant rules in home affairs website. Thank you very much for your help.
  3. Hello All, I always had a plan to get a PR in Australia for almost an year and half now. Now due to project work, my employer is sending me to Melbourne in Jan, 2020 on 482 TSS Visa. The question is, Can I still pursue my 190 Visa? will there be any conflicts. The main reason why I am planning for 190 visa is, I will try for Sponsorship from Victoria and since I will be in Melbourne, once I get my PR, It will be relatively easy for me to search for Job post my PR. Please suggest if this is a wrong plan. I don't have any problem staying in Victoria for 2 years as this is mandatory for 190 Visa. At least If I have PR, My wife can search jobs in better way and I can talk to my employer to see if they can do something to change my permit from 482 to 190. Cause I heard lot of stories where dependent is skilled but still they are not able to get the jobs because of they are a dependents for 482 Visa holder. If dependent is having 190, chances of getting job is better compared to dependent of 482.
  4. Hi, I have lodged an EOI for a 189 visa and my points qualify me. im led to believe that with a company sponsorship you can get this visa anywhere from 3 to 9 months. Im currently working for a company that could put me on the 482 visa. which could take up to 3 months. I believe after 3 years you can apply for PR which would make things more secure. Personally i dont like the idea of being held to a companies whims when it comes to my future and would prefer to hold all the cards myself, as it were. So i wonder would it be possible to transfer to the 189 visa when i get the invitation through etc or would this invalidate my visa and make me unlawful?
  • Create New...