Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'baby'.
Found 2 results
Hi, My name is Mischelle from Brisbane and currently pregnant and giving birth earlier than expected. Just wanted some advice in applying partner visa before changes occur by July 1 this year. Brief summary of my situation: Coming from a student visa, my employer sponsored me under retail buyer job. I lodged my 457 application on Nov 11 2016 and by the time they made the changes re: 457 SOL list, they have not made a decision yet so I was affected with the removal of retail buyer in SOL and now waiting to be contacted for a withdrawal option. Although, we are not planning on waiting on that as we were advised to apply before July 1, I wonder if it is best to apply before our baby is born or after? Thing is, I will be put on labour this weekend instead of 21 June as due date because of minor complications. We are not living together for a year but I will be moving in on a lease at my partner's place after my lease ends at my place in July. I read that we can provide a compassionate reason or proof because of our baby. We also applied to register our relationship as civil relationship although we have not received any response yet. I jus don't know where to start. Applied 457 under retail buyer: Nov 11 2016 Changes to visa: April 19 2017 (affected because no decision has been made before that date) No withdrawal notice yet from the department. Country: Philippines (high risk) Has Philippines police clearance Advised to apply before partner visa changes occurs on July 1 Can provide compassionate reason Applied to register our relationship as civil relationship but no response yet Thank you and looking forward for some tips. Mischelle
Hi, I guess this has been asked a million times but shouldn't we have heard something by now????? My husband is a NZ resident and a Zimbabwean citizen with no convictions and in good health. We lodged our partner visa application in November 2015 and paid $9K, and have since heard nothing despite many attempts. We have a 9 week old baby and my husband just headed back to NZ yesterday as his 3 month visitor visa expired. This whole process is cruel. We were told to apply for 'exceptional circumstances' due to having a baby, but it's been 8 months and NOTHING. Now my husband is forced to go back to NZ and we have no idea when he will see his baby again. He missed almost all of my pregnancy and now these precious early months with our baby. Is there ANYTHING we can do?? Even if they could give us an estimate of how much longer, it would make the waiting easier. Thanks.