jimjam

Please help - I've made a mess of my BVA

Hi guys,

To cut a long story short, My partner and I applied for a 820 visa 11 months ago. I was then automatically put on a bridging visa A. Fast forward a few months and I get a great job at a university. Life is good. Then I booked a very last minute flight back to my country (Ireland) for 1 week and completely forget that I couldn't return to Australia on that bridging visa (stupid I know), I was literally told I couldn't board the flight at the airport. I called the Office of Home Affairs and they advised to apply for an evisitor visa which I have done. I assume it will take a couple of days. My question however, is if there is anyone out there who has been in this situation and who could give me a rough idea as to what the next few months look like for me?  FYI I have a trip booked to Vietnam for 6 weeks in July (flights and accommodation paid for).,

I would really appreciate any advice, I'm very stressed out about this situation.

You can reenter on an evisitor or ETA, but your BVA has ceased. You'll need to do a Form 1005 and basically reapply. You can also apply online if you did your 820/801 app online.

Read here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/010-#tab-content-1

Keep in mind you'll have no work rights while on the evisitor or until the BVA is reinstated.

I have no idea how long processing takes so I would get it done the day you get back.