Jump to content

11 years seperated from my mother. Please help with VISA OPTIONS

Recommended Posts


My name is Jen and I am a 21 year old female Australian citizen since migrating here in March 2007 to live with my father. However my mother (who raised me since birth) is still home in the Philippines and I have only been left with the easy option of visiting her back home yearly during Christmas. She is 50 years old, single, no other children, not employed and dressmaking qualifications. I am financially independent on top of that my mother's only source of income is by financially depending on me. For the 11 years living in such a privilege country I have not wished anything but to be reunited back with my mother. I have no siblings other than my half brothers who are all living here so I feel as though this pressure is all on me. Please enlighten me on visas I can apply for while I have done some research on the following visas;


1. Contributory Parent Visa - $50, 000: My main goal in life is to live happily and comfortably by my mum's side however the price I have to pay just to lodge this visa is completely out of my reach. I am working two jobs with limited wage and my mother who is still financially dependent. Although this visa is the most ideal for me and my mother it is definitely a long term goal and right now I feel like the longer I wait to be reunited with my mother, the less valuable time I have with her. Unless I get a loan somehow?


2. Sponsored Tourist Visa - $1650 with professional help and charges + 5-15k of bond: As of now I do not have enough savings to cover that bond but as working as hard and to ask financial assistance from my relatives. My question is with my mother's living situation in the Philippines, what is the likelihood of her getting approve for a tourist visa and is it necessary for my case to be done by professionals/agencies?


If you have any input or suggestions please please help.

I am so desperate at this point and any help I would gladly appreciate it

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have pretty much covered the main options for you.

One approach maybe a short stay Sponsored Family VV, say 2-3 weeks, and if granted appeal the bond on hardship ground, often works.  Then when that stay is over she now has good standing with Immi and a regular VV for longer should be more available.

I see no reason to engage an agent for a Sponsored Family VV, or the appeal, they are not complex visa's.  Just read up on whats required and the tips from this forum.  I will try to find and post a successful bond appeal letter.




Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now