Jump to content
chunter

Eligible for PR after Partnership Visa

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

My husband is currently on a Partnership Visa and we lodged the application on October 8th 201 and he got approval last year. It says that he is eligble for permanent residency two years from the date of application, meaning he is able to do so and apply in six days. Just wondering how we go about this, how long the application process is and what it involves.

TIA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can apply for the permanent visa through the IMMI account.

Current advised processing time frames by the Department of Home Affairs are:

  • Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) 14 to 17 months.
  • Partner visa temporary (subclass 309) 14 to 16 months
  • Partner visa permanent (subclass 100) 19 to 25 months
  • Partner visa temporary (subclass 820) 19 to 24 months
  • Partner visa permanent (subclass 801) 20 to 26 months

You haven't indicated whether it is the subclass 100 or subclass 820 permanent visa, but in any event the timeframes are pretty much the same.


920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AFV said:

He can apply for the permanent visa through the IMMI account.

Current advised processing time frames by the Department of Home Affairs are:

  • Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) 14 to 17 months.
  • Partner visa temporary (subclass 309) 14 to 16 months
  • Partner visa permanent (subclass 100) 19 to 25 months
  • Partner visa temporary (subclass 820) 19 to 24 months
  • Partner visa permanent (subclass 801) 20 to 26 months

You haven't indicated whether it is the subclass 100 or subclass 820 permanent visa, but in any event the timeframes are pretty much the same.

Thanks for the reply.

He is currently on the 820 visa. Are those time frames from when you apply for the permanent residency visa? That’s interesting, I didn’t think it would be such a long process. Is there any payments to be made in this application? Is it fairly easy or very in dept like the partnership visa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chunter said:

Thanks for the reply.

He is currently on the 820 visa. Are those time frames from when you apply for the permanent residency visa? That’s interesting, I didn’t think it would be such a long process. Is there any payments to be made in this application? Is it fairly easy or very in dept like the partnership visa?

Yes those are time frames from when you apply for the visa. Your husband will just continue to stay on the subclass 820 until a decision is made on the permanent partner visa subclass 801. All of the condition attached to his subclass 820 will continue until then.

There are no more fees payable to the Department. When he lodged the subclass 820, the visa fee paid include the processing for both the subclass 820 and subclass 801.

You husband can apply through his IMMI account: New Application > Family > Stage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100, 801).


920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sonakshi K said:

Any suggestions on things to add to application to bulk it up, stand out?

For stage 1 or stage 2 application? We’re currently in the process of doing our stage 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 11:35 AM, Sonakshi K said:

Any suggestions on things to add to application to bulk it up, stand out?

There is nothing you can add to an application that makes it stand out, every application is reviewed and processed in order of receival.  Bulking an application with meaningless information can in fact slow down an application.  There are no short cuts, cheats or loop holes.

Nothing is better than a concise, complete and accurate application, that ticks all the boxes.


 

 

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×