Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Partner Visa or Skilled Visa wiser?

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

thanks in advance for helping out. Appreciate the advice :)

I will be traveling to Australia from Singapore starting next year on a Work Holiday Visa 462.

My partner has his gotten his PR as he has been studying there for 6 years thru his degree and masters in engineering. Now he is there to set up his business. 

I will be quitting my job in SG and going over to help him out with his business and see if I can get accustomed to life in Australia. 

I am just thinking ahead, should the one year work holiday Visa is up and if I want to continue living in Australia, I am thinking of 2 options that I may have..

First, to apply for a Partner Visa under De Facto since we would qualify for the 12-month relationship criteria etc. 

Second, to apply for a PR under Skilled Visa. I am an engineer in the medical device industry for coming 6 years. Though, I did not graduate from an Australia Uni. 

Would like some advices from you guys to see which route would be safest/fastest to go with and how soon should I start to apply for either visa. 


Many thanks in advance,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...