Jump to content
Rubiiiyl

Process of a visa application

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I don’t really have a problem to ask but if anyone why this is happening and can explain this to me would be lovely.

I was a student in Australia and after finishing a degree and went on a working holiday visa for a gap year (expiring in Apr 2019). And as I’m starting another degree in Jan 2019 I have to apply for a student visa again. 

And yesterday (26 Dec) which is a public holiday I finally got time and submitted my student visa application at 11pm. The second I submitted and made the payment I received a grant letter straight away. (Which is kind of frustrating as I have work still and had to stop working straight away).

I thought after a visa is submitted it will need to be reviewed then get approved/disapproved. But in my case I reckon no one has check my application and documents (1. It was a public holiday and 11pm, 2. within a minute it got approved).

Does anyone know why would this happen? I’m very grateful for the visa but just quite confused😅

 

thanks very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rubiiiyl said:

Hi everyone,

I don’t really have a problem to ask but if anyone why this is happening and can explain this to me would be lovely.

I was a student in Australia and after finishing a degree and went on a working holiday visa for a gap year (expiring in Apr 2019). And as I’m starting another degree in Jan 2019 I have to apply for a student visa again. 

And yesterday (26 Dec) which is a public holiday I finally got time and submitted my student visa application at 11pm. The second I submitted and made the payment I received a grant letter straight away. (Which is kind of frustrating as I have work still and had to stop working straight away).

I thought after a visa is submitted it will need to be reviewed then get approved/disapproved. But in my case I reckon no one has check my application and documents (1. It was a public holiday and 11pm, 2. within a minute it got approved).

Does anyone know why would this happen? I’m very grateful for the visa but just quite confused😅

 

thanks very much!

Welcome to the Australian Visa Forum,

I am trying to work out what the problem is here. You are about to start "another degree in January 2019" . You applied for a student visa, and received the grant letter "straight away". 

Am I missing something here?


920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for replying!! No you didn’t miss anything 

Timeline:

2014- Mar 2018 bachelor (student visa)

Apr 2018 - (Apr 2019) working holiday visa

as Jan 2019 I’m starting a master so I applied for student visa last night and was granted.

 

hope this clear the picture up a bit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rubiiiyl said:

Thanks for replying!! No you didn’t miss anything 

Timeline:

2014- Mar 2018 bachelor (student visa)

Apr 2018 - (Apr 2019) working holiday visa

as Jan 2019 I’m starting a master so I applied for student visa last night and was granted.

 

hope this clear the picture up a bit

 

I'm not following either. You start a Masters in January 2019 (a few weeks from now). You applied for a student visa at it was grant straight away. I too am trying to see the issue. What are we missing here?


Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha sorry for confusing, I’m good in terms of the whole application but I’m just curiuand confused why was it granted straight away. 

As I thought an application need to be reviewed before getting approved. But in my case no one even looked at my documents and stuffs😳

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 2:43 PM, Rubiiiyl said:

Haha sorry for confusing, I’m good in terms of the whole application but I’m just curiuand confused why was it granted straight away. 

As I thought an application need to be reviewed before getting approved. But in my case no one even looked at my documents and stuffs😳

 

Follow up, renewal and similar onshore extensions, are **mostly** granted automatically by the IMMI computers.  As is your case, aroutinee extension.

Its all a case of risk analysis.  I would celebrate the fact of a quick grant, rather than question you good fortune.

Don't question good fortune.


 

 

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...