Jerony9

My tourist visa application was refused 2 times

Hello everyone i wanted to visit Australia for holiday with family for like 2 to 3 weeks so me and family that is my wife and little daughter are Japanese so they hold a Japanese Passport and am a Nigerian i hold Nigerian Passport so we apply for a tourist visa and it did not even take a day or 2 my wife and daughter was approved and we waited for mine like 3 weeks but got a refusal email I’m a permanent resident of Japan i have been playing football here in Japan for years which is my work i pay tax and every other thing i provided all documents they requested for but yet got a refusal email. We are going only on holiday me my wife and daughter they got their’s approve and refuse mine 2 times and i use a register Australian visa agent to handl the application for us but still got a refusal i don’t understand because I’m using a Nigerian Passport? I don’t understand why 

15 minutes ago, Jerony9 said:

Hello everyone i wanted to visit Australia for holiday with family for like 2 to 3 weeks so me and family that is my wife and little daughter are Japanese so they hold a Japanese Passport and am a Nigerian i hold Nigerian Passport so we apply for a tourist visa and it did not even take a day or 2 my wife and daughter was approved and we waited for mine like 3 weeks but got a refusal email I’m a permanent resident of Japan i have been playing football here in Japan for years which is my work i pay tax and every other thing i provided all documents they requested for but yet got a refusal email. We are going only on holiday me my wife and daughter they got their’s approve and refuse mine 2 times and i use a register Australian visa agent to handl the application for us but still got a refusal i don’t understand because I’m using a Nigerian Passport? I don’t understand why 

Welcome to the Australian Visa Forum,

Without posting any personal details, can you let us know the actual reasons for the visa refusal which would have been detailed in the notification of visitor visa refusal.  

Although Nigeria is a high-risk country for Australian visa purposes, the fact that you are employed in Japan, have a family there and hold Japanese PR would IMHO carry considerable weight.  

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Just adding to this, we need to know some more information.

What was the reason it was refused the first time and the  reason the second time?

Also how did you address the first refusal?

What did your agent say about the second refusal?

Did you include evidence of the fact that your wife and daughter had been granted visas?  

Hello thanks for replying to this the attached file is the first refusal later. And when i got the first refusal email i called Australia embassy in Tokyo Japan and explain but they told me there is nothing they can do to change it because there is no review right.but if could try and apply again so the second time i got the registered Australian visa agent to handle the process he did everything and again we got refusal 

C31A6C79-5C0A-480C-A49D-CA8BEA285A1C.jpeg

20 hours ago, Nightcall said:

Just adding to this, we need to know some more information.

What was the reason it was refused the first time and the  reason the second time?

Also how did you address the first refusal?

What did your agent say about the second refusal?

Did you include evidence of the fact that your wife and daughter had been granted visas?  

As Nightcall has said, how did you address the reasons for the refusal? Unless you can address the reasons for the refusal it is highly unlikely the result will be any different. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Thank you for posting the above information @Jerony9, but as @AFV we need the above question answered also.

On the face it I agree with your agent, they are being unreasonable, but without seeing your complete application its only an assumption.

Some more questions ( I know it seems a lot, but we need as a complete picture of your circumstances as possible to assist) 

What visa did your wife and child apply for? guessing a ETA?

Do you include there visa grants in your application?

What commitment to returning to Japan do you provide?

What family members are you leaving behind?

How long have you been a resident of Japan? 

How long have you been employed by Uniqlo?

Considering the paragraph about returning to Nigeria, I think it was a pointless comment to make, unless your PR in japan is in question?

How did you apply, online or via Paper application?

@Nightcall thank you very much for your response, yes my wife and daughter got ETA.

hmm i don’t know if the visa agent included my wife and daughter grant visa to my application 

yes i provided my team contract paper which is 1 year more on my contract 

i have been living in Japan for 5 years almost 6 years now and i got my PR December 13 

i have been work in Uniqlo for 2 and half years 

and PR is not in question i apply online and a registered Australia visa agent handle the application it was online 

Is the refusal above the first or second refusal letter? it's not clear, can you post both refusals. (we are trying to see a pattern or if you address the concerns)

On 1/13/2019 at 2:39 AM, Jerony9 said:

hmm i don’t know if the visa agent included my wife and daughter grant visa to my application 

I ask as the refusal above stated that you were leaving family behind in Japan? do you have other family in Japan? Did your application say you were travelling with your wife and daughter?

You need to find out if your wife and childs ETA visa included in the application (of course with evidence showing your relationship)

You still haven't said how you address the reasons for refusals in the applications, I understand that you may not know this, but you need to ask your agent. 

On 1/13/2019 at 2:39 AM, Jerony9 said:

i have been work in Uniqlo for 2 and half years

It not a overly long period of employment, so I can see why its not considered to have much weight.

Theoretically you need to look at evidence to return as a weighted scale, every bit of evidence you supply is given a value/weight and the total value/weight of all your evidence combined must meet a certain amount.  

So what your letter is saying is that it doesn't hold a lot of value/weight, So you need to increase the amount or value/weight of other evidence to get across the line. 

Traveling with your wife and daughter (confirmed with evidence) will carry a lot of value/weight.

I also would say that generally the order they put the items they refuse on is on a basis of most important to least.