barbarv

How to get my tourist visa approved as a Brazilian.

Hi! 

I'm a 24 brazilian and I plann to visit Australia this year, as a solo traveller. I'm about to attach documents to my visa application, but I'm not sure about what to attach to make the application better.

What I curently have: Passaport picture, employment letter and proof of enough savings to travel.

Please,  what else do I need?

Thank you already.

Travel itinerary, what you intend to do in Australia, where you are going to stay etc.

Reason to return to Brazil (or leave Australia), ie family, job, property, onward travel

Banks statements showing income (at least 12 months), with you pay from your employment going in. 

Stable employment (ie evidence that you have been working there for a period of time and that you will return)

Proof of where savings have come from, ie don't have large amount of unexplained deposits.

Thank you for the fast reply, I really appreciate the help.

Please, about the itinerary, how do I prove It? Should I just write down my plans? Beacause naturaly I haven't booked any tickets or hotels yet, as I've been reading the recomendations on the foruns. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, barbarv said:

Thank you for the fast reply, I really appreciate the help.

Please, about the itinerary, how do I prove It? Should I just write down my plans? Beacause naturaly I haven't booked any tickets or hotels yet, as I've been reading the recomendations on the foruns. 

Thank you!

With the itinerary, explain what you intend to do in Australia, what you may see, where you may go.  You obviously want to see Australia, what do you want to see/visit/experience?

You need to demonstrate to IMMI that you are a 'genuine tourist'.  A genuine tourist usually has plans on what they want to do.  They don't have to be locked in and booked, but, show that you have an idea of what you want to do here.  There are no rules here, just that you want to visit and experience what Australia has to offer.

This criteria exists because, in the past, Tourist Visa's were often misused.  That is, using a tourist visa for other reasons, i.e Business, work, study, etc.

The test is this;  If an applicant can not identify at least 3 things they want to do as a tourist (destinations, activities, experiences), IMMI **may** question that you are a genuine tourist.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Thank you so much, @AussieDude

That is very helpfull!

About the savings, I have 70% of recommended savings (AUS5000, please correct me if I'm wrong). The rest of the money my parents will borrow me, so I pay them when I come back to work in Brazil.

I am aware that it's not positive to transfer large amounts of money to my bank account like this. So, would you recommend me to say that they are going to help me, by attaching a letter they write and their bank account informations?

Thank you already, I really appreciate the help!

4 minutes ago, barbarv said:

Thank you so much, @AussieDude

That is very helpfull!

About the savings, I have 70% of recommended savings (AUS5000, please correct me if I'm wrong). The rest of the money my parents will borrow me, so I pay them when I come back to work in Brazil.

So the criteria states, I quote;

"You must have enough money to:

• support yourself while you are in Australia
  • leave Australia at the end of your stay

This is usually about AUD5,000 for your initial stay, plus the fare to where you are going after leaving Australia."

If the balance you borrow from your parents, can be deposited into you own account, that is the best option. But not always mandatory.  For such a visa, such large deposits are not uncommon, and are not a problem.  Cash is Cash. 

Otherwise,  include a copy of your bank statement in your name, and  a signed letter from your parents clearly stating that they will support you for the balance.  I always recommend that a sponsor includes their own bank statement as well, to prove they have the funds.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Thank you so much! All these informations are really helping me.

At first I thought to apply as employed, but it is an intership and the payment is not that significant.

Therefore I decided to apply as a student: I have done 2 years of Architecture here in my home town University and decided to deffer for 1 semester to travel to Australia and south Asia.

We are now at the begining of the school year and I have deffered this firt semester of 2019.

Applying as a student would be an inconsistency? Or I am still a student? I have ordered a letter from my University proving that I stil have 3 years left to finish my studies in Brazil. Would that be a significant motivation?

Thank you again, I appreciate your replies a lot.

7 hours ago, barbarv said:

Thank you so much! All these informations are really helping me.

At first I thought to apply as employed, but it is an intership and the payment is not that significant.

Therefore I decided to apply as a student: I have done 2 years of Architecture here in my home town University and decided to deffer for 1 semester to travel to Australia and south Asia.

We are now at the begining of the school year and I have deffered this firt semester of 2019.

Applying as a student would be an inconsistency? Or I am still a student? I have ordered a letter from my University proving that I stil have 3 years left to finish my studies in Brazil. Would that be a significant motivation?

Thank you again, I appreciate your replies a lot.

A visitor visa application is not solely determined on by whether the applicant has X$ amount of savings. If it was, then everyone would be granted a visitor visa simply by providing a bank balance. There are many other factors that are taken into consideration. In my opinion, your age, lack of significant employment, minimal savings, all will weigh heavily on the assessment of your visitor visa application. Also, what are your living arrangements in Brazil? I also don't think that your deferral from your university studies in itself will carry much weight at all as an incentive to return.   

If I was in your situation I would be including a very strong letter of support from your parents. 

You mentioned too that you have a further 3 years of your university studies to complete. Do you have a good/consistent academic record that you can include? Who pays for your university studies? If it is your parents, that should be included in their letter of support. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Hi! Thank you for the fast reply!!

I've been doing a heavy research on this attachments matter for the application to make it strong and consistent. So, that is all I have so far to attach:

- passaport

- letter from university comfirm my last two years with payment records

- student ID

- detailed  10 week itinerary, with all the costs, hostels, bus and plane tickets, and possible dates

- my own bank statements

- my father bank statements

- a strong support letter from my parents

- I also thought about writing my own intentions letter

Please, is it possible to tell my chances?! Thank you very much for the replies!!

AFV gave you some solid advice here. Based on your own personal circumstances, my opinion is that your chances of getting a visitor visa are somewhat weak. 

The success of your application, in my opinion, will come down to two things, evidencing that you have adequate funds (or access to) and an incentive to depart Australia prior to your visitor visa expiring. AFV asked some very relevant questions which I noticed you didn't respond to.

• Do you have a strong academic record?
  • What are your living arrangements?
  • Who pays for your university fees?

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Hi! Thank you for replying!

That's true I didn't reply, sorry. Here in Brazil I do have a strong academic record, I have been studying for my whole life and I have ways to prove It. About thr living arrangements, I have nothing on my name, just a credit card and a travel card. My parents pay for my Uni, which is something important to tell in the support letter. 

About the savings, I do have enough. Although, whats does exactly mean "an incentive to depart Australia prior to your visitor visa expiring"??

thank you all for the great help!

2 hours ago, barbarv said:

Hi! Thank you for replying!

That's true I didn't reply, sorry. Here in Brazil I do have a strong academic record, I have been studying for my whole life and I have ways to prove It. About thr living arrangements, I have nothing on my name, just a credit card and a travel card. My parents pay for my Uni, which is something important to tell in the support letter. 

About the savings, I do have enough. Although, whats does exactly mean "an incentive to depart Australia prior to your visitor visa expiring"??

thank you all for the great help!

My suggestion:

Include a strong letter of support from your parents which includes the following:

1. That they are fully supporting you whilst you are studying in Brazil. It should make reference to all the support they are currently providing (living expenses, accommodation, education etc).
  2. They should refer to the course you are studying, how far into the course you are, how long until you graduate, what your qualification your study will lead to. Include a copy of your academic transcript to date which shows that you are a good student. 
  3. Their letter of support should acknowledge that they are fully supporting your short visit to Australia whilst you have deferred your studies for a semester. If they are providing financial support, then evidence of their ability to provide this support should be included.

In my opinion, this will paint a picture that you are a hard working young individual who is supported by his parents to study. It will also paint a picture that a moral obligation exists that you will return to Brazil and complete your studies and not overstay or breach a visa condition in Australia. At the end of the day who wants to let their parents down.  

920x113.jpg