Hi all,

Can someone give me a list of exact tests that are conducted in the medical assessment conducted by Bupa? Are bloods taken? X-Rays, mri scans, ultrasounds, swabs or other things etc? 

Also, how is the general medical assessment experience? Are they trying to look for something wrong with you so they can refuse your visa? Or are they highly professional etc

Look forward to hearing from you and those (or their partner) who have been through this.  I am so glad there is a community here, it makes me feel better. 

Thanks again. 

On 1/24/2019 at 8:31 AM, Sunny19999 said:

Hi all,

Can someone give me a list of exact tests that are conducted in the medical assessment conducted by Bupa? Are bloods taken? X-Rays, mri scans, ultrasounds, swabs or other things etc? 

Also, how is the general medical assessment experience? Are they trying to look for something wrong with you so they can refuse your visa? Or are they highly professional etc

Look forward to hearing from you and those (or their partner) who have been through this.  I am so glad there is a community here, it makes me feel better. 

Thanks again. 

All IMMI medicals include;

• The review of a  signed medical history from the applicant, by the 'attending' Physician
  • A general, but thorough physical examination by the 'Attending Physician', being a Qualified Doctor
  • A CXR (Chest Xray) to WHO standards, again exan=mined and assessed by the Attending Physician (except pregnant women)

Depending on the assessment of the Attending Physician (meaning at their sole discretion), the Physician may request further tests, exams and/or reports;

• These additional reports/exams are at the applicants own expense
  • Examples,
    • if the applicant presents with physical symptoms, suggesting a viral infection, say Herpes, the Physician can request blood tests
    • if the applicant presents with abnormal cognitive symptoms, the Physician may request a Psychological review
    • if the applicant presents with physical symptoms to suggest diabetes, or other hormonal illness, the Physician may request a full blood work up.

For an applicant to be outright refused on medical grounds is rare, and the would need to be suffering from a acute disease, that represents significant public health risk or significant cost of care to the Australian Taxpayer (i.e and I generalise, TB, advanced Cancer, serious mental illnesses, a Cat.A contagion).

My advice is this. 

• The IMMI Physicians are not fools, they will detect anything your hiding.
  • Be honest and accurate on your medical declaration and all medical interviews
    • Lying could be worse than the condition you are suffering from
  • Even if rejected on medical grounds, an appeal path exists, as does a 'exemption' process where you can elect to fund your own medical costs of required.

As a general rule, you have to be suffering from a serious illness to be rejected.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.