Andy1991

Husband wants to apply for Japanese VISA while wife's VISA 820/801 is being processed

My wife is in the process of getting the Partner 820/801 VISA, she has 820 and is now waiting for 801. My question is can I (the husband) apply for a Japanese partner visa and this won't cause problems with my wife visa.

2 hours ago, Andy1991 said:

My wife is in the process of getting the Partner 820/801 VISA, she has 820 and is now waiting for 801. My question is can I (the husband) apply for a Japanese partner visa and this won't cause problems with my wife visa.

Welcome to the Australian Visa Forum, 

No issue at all. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

1 hour ago, AFV said:

Welcome to the Australian Visa Forum, 

No issue at all. 

Thanks for the response, have you had other people ask this question. Have you got some reading material I can show my wife, she always likes to see proof.

12 minutes ago, Andy1991 said:

Thanks for the response, have you had other people ask this question. Have you got some reading material I can show my wife, she always likes to see proof.

I haven't had anyone ask this question before, and it is probably not the kind of question you will find any answers to easily on the internet, and indeed even on the Dept. of Home Affairs website. However I base my answer on knowing the requirements for the grant of a partner visa. The requirement can be found in the Migration Act and Regulations, primarily Schedule 2 of the Migration Regulations.   

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

It's not an issue at all, you will have trouble finding what you want in writing as it not spelled out as such, what you are looking for are things that will make you an ineligible sponsor .

Such as,

Your no longer a spouse or de facto partner of the applicant.

You lose your Australian citizenship or PR

You are convicted of a serious criminal relevant offences and have a significant criminal record - (relevant offences means serious violent offences) I have covered it here 

You have convictions or charges for specific offences relating to children.

If you look here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-onshore/temporary-820#Eligibility it explains what you need to do to be eligible, if these change then you will become ineligible. or refer to the Migration Act and regulations as AFV has said. 

26 minutes ago, Nightcall said:

Thanks for the replies.

It is a difficult question to search. I though if I apply for a Japanese spouse visa while my wife's Australian partner VISA is being processed it could cause problems.

You have put my mind at ease.

Not sure why it says "26 minutes ago, Nightcall said:" on a comment I made, you can tell I'm a newbie hey!