Dino

Bridging Visa A - No Work Condition Removal

Hello

I am a NZ Citizen living in Australia for sometime now. My partner is currently here in Australia with me. We have applied for a NZ Family Visa and are awaiting it's outcome. On her current BVA, there is a "No Work" condition as usual. I am trying to apply for that to be removed.

On the application form (1005) there is a question that asks that "Are you seeking permission to work on the basis of financial hardship?".

Now my question is, has anyone applied for this condition to be removed without the financial hardship route. Could we apply for removal of this condition purely on the basis that my partner is a career oriented woman and sitting at home waiting for the visa to get processed (currently 18-24 months) would not helping in her career. Could that route be taken?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Dino said:

Hello

I am a NZ Citizen living in Australia for sometime now. My partner is currently here in Australia with me. We have applied for a NZ Family Visa and are awaiting it's outcome. On her current BVA, there is a "No Work" condition as usual. I am trying to apply for that to be removed.

On the application form (1005) there is a question that asks that "Are you seeking permission to work on the basis of financial hardship?".

Now my question is, has anyone applied for this condition to be removed without the financial hardship route. Could we apply for removal of this condition purely on the basis that my partner is a career oriented woman and sitting at home waiting for the visa to get processed (currently 18-24 months) would not helping in her career. Could that route be taken?

Thanks

The Migration Regulations are very clear, there must be a compelling need to work due to, and only because of financial hardship. See Regulation 1.08 of the Migration Regulations 

The reasons you have suggested will not be accepted.

Given the cost of living in Australia, I don't think it is overly hard to show that financial hardship exists if one is unable to work and earn and income. The Financial Details section (Q20 to Q26) on the Form 1005 a pretty straightforward.   

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.