joe19

Supporting Documents and Immi account

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of applying for the 309 visa and I am now up to the payment section but I'm a little confused about when I need to upload the supporting documents as I haven't seen an option to do this yet, does this come after the payment?

Also just a few other questions:

1. For the relationship statement is this a separate document that we have to attach or is this just the answer to the question on page 17 where it asks "Give details of the development of the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor." If it is a separate document, where can I find this?

2. Could someone please tell me where I find the form for the witnesses to fill out?

3. Does the applicant form and the sponsor form need to be done through separate immi accounts or is it possible to use the same account?

Thanks for your help 😀

6 hours ago, joe19 said:

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of applying for the 309 visa and I am now up to the payment section but I'm a little confused about when I need to upload the supporting documents as I haven't seen an option to do this yet, does this come after the payment?

Also just a few other questions:

1. For the relationship statement is this a separate document that we have to attach or is this just the answer to the question on page 17 where it asks "Give details of the development of the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor." If it is a separate document, where can I find this?

2. Could someone please tell me where I find the form for the witnesses to fill out?

3. Does the applicant form and the sponsor form need to be done through separate immi accounts or is it possible to use the same account?

Thanks for your help 😀

We always submit applicant and sponsor personal relationship statements in addition to the relationship questions. Some may take the view however that this is not necessary. 

The form for the supporting witnesses is the Form 888 which you can easily find on the Department's website. I have not linked to it here, as the Department has a habit of changing their website around, and it will no doubt result in a dead link down the track. If you Google Form 888 Statutory Declaration you will find it. 

The application and sponsorship can be done using the same IMMI account.  

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Fantastic, thanks so much for your quick reply, this forum is certainly a great resource!

I've got the checklist from the department's website for which documents I need and have started getting them ready but at what part of the application process to do i need to attach them? I'm now up to the payment part to submit the application but I still haven't seen an option to attach the documents. I don't want to submit the application without uploading the documents or does the option to upload documents only come after you have submitted it and made the payment?

Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, joe19 said:

Fantastic, thanks so much for your quick reply, this forum is certainly a great resource!

I've got the checklist from the department's website for which documents I need and have started getting them ready but at what part of the application process to do i need to attach them? I'm now up to the payment part to submit the application but I still haven't seen an option to attach the documents. I don't want to submit the application without uploading the documents or does the option to upload documents only come after you have submitted it and made the payment?

Thanks again!

After you submit your partner visa application you will see the option appear to upload the documents. The issue as to how long you have to submit the documents has been the topic of much discussion on the forum lately. You should provide in a timely manner, and when requested to do so by the Department. If the Department requests further information or supporting documents, you must provided by the due date which will be in the request for more information. I would recommend waiting until you are advised to do the medicals and required police checks, as they are only valid for 12 months. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.