GO2012

Exclusion from country

When asked if deported, excluded from any countries, does this also include when a visa is not processed after being lodged. Some 20 years ago my partner born in the Philippines aunt tried to sponsor her to the USA. My partner believes she was simply told to go to Manila for an interview and when doing so, she was told being so young and not working she would be likely to want to remain in the USA and therefore her application did not proceed further. Is this exclusion or is the term associated with refusal on attempts to physically enter a country.

Sorry for the way I presented the question. I have read further and believe when you are deemed as 'exclusion', that its more likely the reference is to someone who has overstayed and has been penalised with a period of exclusion. In my partners situation she didnt get issued a USA visa so therefore I determine this as not being cancelled.

She was refused the visa. Dont get too caught up in the play of words. She applied for a visa and it got refused at the interview stage. 

It happens all the time with Filipinos trying to get visas for the US specially tourist visas

8 hours ago, SammyJ said:

She was refused the visa. Dont get too caught up in the play of words. She applied for a visa and it got refused at the interview stage. 

It happens all the time with Filipinos trying to get visas for the US specially tourist visas

I agree. 

She wouldn't have had an interview unless she had applied for an interview. It wasn't granted, so therefore it is safe to assume it was refused.

In any event it won't impact on her partner visa application. However not declaring something most definitely can. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.