GO2012

BVA working restrictions after submitting 820

May I say I have really appreciated the advice received on this forum.

Having read so many conflicting reports on whether working rights apply or carry forward from substantive tourist visa continues, I am hoping this can be confirmed.

Is it true that despite no working rights existing on a tourist 600 visa, a BVA allows unlimited working rights if you have applied for a partner 820 visa? Suggesting a 820 makes the difference.

11 minutes ago, GO2012 said:

May I say I have really appreciated the advice received on this forum.

Having read so many conflicting reports on whether working rights apply or carry forward from substantive tourist visa continues, I am hoping this can be confirmed.

Is it true that despite no working rights existing on a tourist 600 visa, a BVA allows unlimited working rights if you have applied for a partner 820 visa? Suggesting a 820 makes the difference.

Thank you for your feedback and support.

First of all you should always check what conditions are on your visa grant notice, whether it be a substantive visa or bridging visa.

With regards to working rights. Currently where a person applies for a partner visa (subclass 820 and 801) and they are granted a Bridging Visa A it does include work rights. Note: the Bridging Visa A will only come into effect once your current visa ends and if the partner visa application has not been decided. A Bridging Visa A does not allow you to return to Australia if you depart. For that you will need to apply and be granted a Bridging Visa B before you depart Australia. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Thank you once again....

The visa I believe is a substantive visa 'visitor FA', subclass 600 - tourist and  expires 06Mar19. Conditions 8101 no work, 8201 max 3mths study only noted. 

So we can assume partner 820 visa submitted and paid in February will see a BVA effective from 07March with working rights, or is it only after the temporary partner visa is approved?

1 minute ago, GO2012 said:

Thank you once again....

The visa I believe is a substantive visa 'visitor FA', subclass 600 - tourist and  expires 06Mar19. Conditions 8101 no work, 8201 max 3mths study only noted. 

So we can assume partner 820 visa submitted and paid in February will see a BVA effective from 07March with working rights, or is it only after the temporary partner visa is approved?

Correct a subclass 600 is a substantive visa.

The Bridging Visa A comes into effect after the current substantive visa ends (in your case the subclass 600 on the 06/02/2019). The Bridging Visa A then allows the holder to remain lawfully in Australia until a decision is made on their temporary partner visa application (In your case the Subclass 820 and 801). 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

1 minute ago, GO2012 said:

with working right immediate from BVA start?

Hopefully...Thanks

Correct but see below bold and underlined

19 minutes ago, AFV said:

Thank you for your feedback and support.

First of all you should always check what conditions are on your visa grant notice, whether it be a substantive visa or bridging visa.

With regards to working rights. Currently where a person applies for a partner visa (subclass 820 and 801) and they are granted a Bridging Visa A it does include work rights. Note: the Bridging Visa A will only come into effect once your current visa ends and if the partner visa application has not been decided. A Bridging Visa A does not allow you to return to Australia if you depart. For that you will need to apply and be granted a Bridging Visa B before you depart Australia. 

920x113.jpg