Basanta

Applying for Australian Permanent Residency

My Wife is in Australia under Study visa subclass 500. Her visa would end on August first week but i am still in Nepal. We got married after she applied for the student visa and 2 days before her visa got accepted. I had applied for Dependent visa but got rejected telling that we did not inform about our marriage before her visa got approved.Now after nearly 2 years, We want to apply for Permanent residency. Is it possible for her to apply for the PR including me? Will there be any complications? 

Edited by AFV
Title of post edited

4 minutes ago, Basanta said:

My Wife is in Australia under Study visa subclass 500. Her visa would end on August first week but i am still in Nepal. We got married after she applied for the student visa and 2 days before her visa got accepted. I had applied for Dependent visa but got rejected telling that we did not inform about our marriage before her visa got approved.Now after nearly 2 years, We want to apply for Permanent residency. Is it possible for her to apply for the PR including me? Will there be any complications? 

I have edited the title of your post as 40 words is just too long.

What is her eligibility for applying for Australian permanent residency?

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

28 minutes ago, AFV said:

I have edited the title of your post as 40 words is just too long.

What is her eligibility for applying for Australian permanent residency?

She will be completing her Masters in July from CDU in NT. She is about to give PTE this month.

An eligible family, such as a spouse can be added to a PR application. What were the exact reasons that your visa was refused? Do you still have the refusal notice? 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

10 hours ago, Bridge said:

An eligible family, such as a spouse can be added to a PR application. What were the exact reasons that your visa was refused? Do you still have the refusal notice? 

Yes i do have the exact notice. The reason was She applied for her visa and then after a week we got married. 2 days after that her visa got accepted. But the problem they mentioned was that we did not send the information that we are married in those two days(just before visa got accepted).

So it looked like that we were married when she got the visa but she did not mention about me anywhere in her visa application.

It is quite clear why your student dependent visa was refused. However it was not refused because of false information provided to the Department, rather your wife failing to comply with clause 500.311

If she is eligible to apply for permanent residency, she can include you as her spouse. Obviously you will need the meet the spouse criteria too. 

920x113.jpg

Yes it is very much true you both need to meet the spouse visa criteria. If you are getting married after you apply, you need to show that there is a change in status of relationship. If not this would lead to these sort of consequences.