daveandnoi

Thai police clearance certificate for an Australian visa

Just a heads up guys and gals, my wife and I went to the Royal Thai Police HQ in Bangkok this week to apply for the required Thai police clearance certificate for her partner visa. She got turned away as she didn't have the letter of introduction from the Australian Embassy. We hot footed it up to the Australian visa application centre, but it was closed by the time we got there. We got it the next morning and went back to Police HQ, only to be told that she also needed her name change certificate which was unfortunately in Kalasin. We will try for the third time next week. Be prepared when you go there that you have all that is required, and don'f forget the letter of introduction. 

4 minutes ago, daveandnoi said:

Just a heads up guys and gals, my wife and I went to the Royal Thai Police HQ in Bangkok this week to apply for the required Thai police clearance certificate for her partner visa. She got turned away as she didn't have the letter of introduction from the Australian Embassy. We hot footed it up to the Australian visa application centre, but it was closed by the time we got there. We got it the next morning and went back to Police HQ, only to be told that she also needed her name change certificate which was unfortunately in Kalasin. We will try for the third time next week. Be prepared when you go there that you have all that is required, and don'f forget the letter of introduction. 

Here is a recent posted on the process for Applying for Thai police clearance certificate for an Australian partner visa Indeed, the Royal Thai Police will require the letter of introduction. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

3 hours ago, AFV said:

Here is a recent posted on the process for Applying for Thai police clearance certificate for an Australian partner visa Indeed, the Royal Thai Police will require the letter of introduction. 

Yeah should have read that post first. All good though, we should have back in 3 weeks now. Can I just scan an upload to the application? One thing i'm slightly worried about is that we only just lodged the partner visa application 3 weeks ago. My wife has a multi entry visitor visa and we are flying back to Australia next month for 3 months, and the plan is to go to Bali at the end of her stay for a week and then back to Australia for another 3 months. Effectively my wife won't be in Thailand for the next 6 months. This was one of the reasons we wanted to do the Thai police clearance now and get it out of the way. What happens if the visa is not granted in 12 months, her Immi account says up to 17 months. Will she have to do again? I am guessing yes. Also should I do my AFP check now, or should I wait?