Anthea

Question concerning Bridging Visa B

I applied for a partner visa in January and I am now on a bridging visa A since my ETA finished. My husband I want to travel to the US to see my mother is is quite ill. I am aware that I need to get a bridging visa B, but after that do I need to apply for another bridging visa A. Can someone please explain how the process works.  

4 minutes ago, Anthea said:

I applied for a partner visa in January and I am now on a bridging visa A since my ETA finished. My husband I want to travel to the US to see my mother is is quite ill. I am aware that I need to get a bridging visa B, but after that do I need to apply for another bridging visa A. Can someone please explain how the process works.  

You will need a Bridging Visa B if you want to depart and return to Australia during the processing of your partner visa application. The Bridging Visa B grant notice will tell you how long you can remain outside of Australia for. You must return to Australia by this date. You will then remain on the Bridging Visa B until a decision is made on your partner visa. If you want to depart Australia again, you must apply for another Bridging Visa B that allows you to travel.

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Just now, amarra2 said:

Hi I also have a bridging visa B question. I need to apply for a bridging visa B but cannot see anywhere to apply online. 

1. What substantive visa application have you made? 
  2. How was your visa application made, was it a paper application or online?
  3. Can you confirm that you are currently on a Bridging Visa A?

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

1 minute ago, amarra2 said:

Thanks for fast reply AFV.

1. I applied for a de facto partner visa in November 2017.

2. Paper application.

3. Yes. VEVO says I am still on a BVA.

Because your partner visa was a paper based application, you must also apply for the Bridging Visa B by paper too  You can download the current Form 1006 Application for a Bridging visa B To seek permission to travel from the Department's website. You will need to create an IMMI account to pay the visa application charge under My Payments. The Form 1006 and supporting documents then needs to be posted or delivered to the office processing your partner visa application.

920x113.jpg