cltxclt

Clarification on waiting times for Partner Visa 801 (Stage 2)

Hi, I see the mention of the wait times on the Immigration website and on people's posts, and I wanted to clarify if these waiting times for the processing of the Stage 2 (801) visa of 26-28 months are counted from the submission of the Stage 1 (820) or from the submission of Stage 2 (801)? In other words, are they saying I will have to wait another (or additional) 26-28 months for my Stage 2 to be processed AFTER waiting the 24 months for elligibility to apply for Stage 2?

3 hours ago, Aussie_83 said:

The second one.

Your eligibility date is 2 years from when you applied for the 820/801 and the processing time starts from then

Thank you @Aussie_83 ... I am suitably horrified. 

That is my biggest issue with wanting to change the citizenship to needing 4 years PR. Well and good if you enter on PR. I wrote a letter to my MP but didn't even get any courtesy of a reply, not surprising as he was a useless........... Who retired knowing he would loose this one.

Keep in mind it's 75% in 26 months so it can be anytime within then. Off memory our 100 came in at 15 months when the advertised 75% was 20 months

I arrived and got a fully funded PhD position, so for years I avoided doing the partner visa route wsith my ex-partner, even though I could.  If I knew it would be this hard, I would have done it as soon as I could. This month I completed 8 years living in Australia, so if I have to wait two more years just for PR, I am very concerned. I have the impression that your country of origin influences the waiting times. I have a friend from Europe who lives in Sydney and their 801 was granted TWO MONTHS after they sent their Stage 2 application, in 2018. Another friend from my country, also in Sydney and employed, waited over a year.