Lovebirds

Permanent Partner Visa 100/ 801 waiting room

Hi All

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere..

I have applied for my 801 and wondering if a Form 80 is required? All of the information was covered in my 820 so just wondering if it's required for the permenant application.

Thank you

Finally got around to lodging my wifes stage 2 permanent partner visa. (6 August 2019) I've been hearing many conflicting stories about processing times. Immi account says 22 -26 months yet another couple we know received theirs in around 2 weeks. Ours is about as simple as It can get. Together 6 years and married for over 3. Both live and work in Australia

40 minutes ago, Vego69 said:

Finally got around to lodging my wifes stage 2 permanent partner visa. (6 August 2019) I've been hearing many conflicting stories about processing times. Immi account says 22 -26 months yet another couple we know received theirs in around 2 weeks. Ours is about as simple as It can get. Together 6 years and married for over 3. Both live and work in Australia

There is nothing conflicting about, just misunderstanding.

1st major misunderstanding is that eligibility is 2 years from date of LODGING initial 309/100 or 820/801.

2. The Times on the account are average processing times. 75% of applications are completed within 22 months and 90% completed within 26 months. And 10% take longer. So someone getting it in 2 weeks falls within the 75%.

35 minutes ago, Vego69 said:

Encouraging .... and if that's the case I've screwed with the stats by not applying immediately my wife was eligible.

Nah, no change, as they still go off eligibility. So won't make a massive difference if you did it then or now. It only makes a difference if they go and look and you haven't done anything and they send a request off for info.

Also a example and to use your friends, some people can get it 2 weeks after they Lodge the extra info and think it took 2 weeks. However they were eligible 18 months before hand. Having said that it can be As lucky as getting it from 2 weeks of eligibility.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:57 AM, cltxclt said:

Can we use this to figure out effective waiting times for these visas, or is there another thread doing so already?

We always discourage people from comparing another applicants processing times to their own.

No two applications are the same.

For every case where 'my friend got his visa in half the time' there is many other cases which are worse.

Look to the IMMI estimated processing times are your ONLY guide.

Comparing yourself to other applicants will only create false hope, and anxiety.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 8/2/2019 at 11:53 AM, Morri90 said:

Hi All

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere..

I have applied for my 801 and wondering if a Form 80 is required? All of the information was covered in my 820 so just wondering if it's required for the permanent application.

Thank you

The base 820 application includes all the questions required.

**IF** IMMI need additional information on either of you they will request a Form 80.

However, when applying online, depending on your circumstances, I have seen some people being asked for a Form 80 at time of application.  But in this case its clearly requested.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.