Sign in to follow this  
Roisin

Automatic Processing Email

Heya!

We have lodged our PR application back in November. Completed police checks & health assessments right away, so they have been sitting there with the application.

We got an automatic, do not reply email, from the department today saying:

Automated message from the Department of Home Affairs

Application reference: XXXXX

Dear XXXXX

We are writing to inform you that your application for an Employer Sponsored Entry visa will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for assessment. To reduce potential processing delays you may wish to commence your application for relevant onshore and offshore police certificates. Additionally, you may also wish to commence your health checks.

For further information on application requirements and processes, please refer to the below links:

If 'Organise health examinations' shows in 'View health assessment', arrange your examinations.

Completed police certificates can be added to your application via your ImmiAccount.

*Please be aware that health and character checks do incur a cost; completing checks in advance does not guarantee a positive outcome on your application

A) Should we be worried they're asking for the health assessments and police checks, when they're already with our application? I assume not and that this is just an automatic email sent without checking.

B) What's the departments version of 'shortly'? We've heard it moves really quickly from when you get a case worker but I'm just trying to figure out if this is just something they send automatically and it's another 6 months before a case worker - or if it really could be in the next few weeks.

Have asked people I know who have applied previously and none of them got this email. Would love to hear from people who have! 

Thanks!!

On 4/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, Roisin said:

A) Should we be worried they're asking for the health assessments and police checks, when they're already with our application? I assume not and that this is just an automatic email sent without checking.

B) What's the departments version of 'shortly'? We've heard it moves really quickly from when you get a case worker but I'm just trying to figure out if this is just something they send automatically and it's another 6 months before a case worker - or if it really could be in the next few weeks.

Have asked people I know who have applied previously and none of them got this email. Would love to hear from people who have! 

Thanks!!

a) Yes its an automatic email.  But be sure the PCC's and medicals you submitted are still current and were obtained via the IMMI prescribed methods.  Either way, if there is a problem they will advise you.  They are just trying to get you to tick all the boxes to allow for a speedy decision

b) 'Shortly' in this context I would take to indicate within 15 days, but rarely over 30 days.  There is no hard and fast rule.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.