Ben H

IMPORTANT: Partner visa changes - Commencing 17 April 2019

On 4/14/2019 at 4:49 AM, Rabbar said:

That is incredibly worrying. Could anyone with info please keep us updated on the bridging visa. I, like so many others, am really relying on that visa being issued.

Just an update. Although the Bridging Visa A was not granted when the partner visa application was submitted. We were able to apply on line for the Bridging Visa A, and it was granted today.

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

7 hours ago, AFV said:

Just an update. Although the Bridging Visa A was not granted when the partner visa application was submitted. We were able to apply on line for the Bridging Visa A, and it was granted today.

how did you apply for the bridging visa A online i cant find any where to do so.

13 hours ago, rvorpalms said:

how did you apply for the bridging visa A online i cant find any where to do so.

The option to apply for a bridging visa is connected to an already submitted application.

You need to click on the submitted application, then under Menu >  Bridging Visa Information > Apply for a Bridging Visa.

Just a further update. We submitted another subclass 820 yesterday and the Bridging Visa A was automatically generated at the same time.

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, AFV said:

I submitted two applications this week, both subclass 820 onshore partner visas. One was from PMV > 820 and the Bridging Visa was granted straight away. The other from subclass 600 visitor to 820 and no Bridging Visa granted (haven't seen this before). The difference between the two is that the first (PMV to 820) the sponsor has already been approved for the original PMV application. It may just be a glitch, but with so much uncertainty, who knows. 

When are you submitting your application? Let me know how you go with the Bridging Visa A. 

Hello AFV,

We have applied for Partner Visa yesterday with our migration agent. I was given Bridging Visa A.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:19 PM, AFV said:

Just another quick question? How long did it take to get the bridging visa once you made the online application? My Girlfriend will be arriving soon on a 600 Tourist Visa and I will make an application for an 820 Visa nearing the end of the 3 months. Obviously I don't want to leave it to late for the application because we don't want her to leave Australia.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:47 AM, visa123 said:

So has anyone seen any indiction of when the new rules will be implemented? I cant seem to find any information online. 

Would it be implemented by default at the start of June, given that's when they change the fee???

On 4/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, Bridge said:

Unfortunately there is still so much uncertainty here. I called the Department of Home Affairs yesterday in an attempt to find out whether the new sponsorship requirements will come into effect on the 17 April. They didn't know what I was talking about. Interestingly, I note from the Department's website that IMMI will be unavailable from 4am to 8am on Wednesday 17th April 2019. This suggests a change to the online applications to me.

I hear that IT system enhancements required to support the new changes, are not ready on time.  As is 99% of all government software roll outs 😉

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:11 AM, AussieDude said:

I hear that IT system enhancements required to support the new changes, are not ready on time.  As is 99% of all government software roll outs 😉

I want to hear about the this mythical 1%, but I can't because most of my systems are still on DOS and don't have that capability to access this thing called the intarweb.

20 hours ago, Nightcall said:

I want to hear about the this mythical 1%, but I can't because most of my systems are still on DOS and don't have that capability to access this thing called the intarweb.

The 1% is Microsoft Solitaire 🙂

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Seen as though Scott Morrison will now be running the show can we assume this change which was suppose to come in effect 17 April will now come into effect much sooner?
I know there is no current date for when it will. Was just taking a wild guess based on Scott Morrison's plans to cut the intake number of migrants by 30,000

48 minutes ago, 2jzrz said:

Seen as though Scott Morrison will now be running the show can we assume this change which was suppose to come in effect 17 April will now come into effect much sooner?
I know there is no current date for when it will. Was just taking a wild guess based on Scott Morrison's plans to cut the intake number of migrants by 30,000

Not sure what you mean, the election has no impact on this the delay is on immi trying to work it all out and get the framework in place, June is the latest it can be implemented

8 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

Not sure what you mean, the election has no impact on this the delay is on immi trying to work it all out and get the framework in place, June is the latest it can be implemented

Ah no worries. Wasn't really sure if Government elections played any part in the implementation. Is it possible it may not be implemented at all or is it a change which will come into effect automatically upon a date passing?

9 minutes ago, 2jzrz said:

Ah no worries. Wasn't really sure if Government elections played any part in the implementation. Is it possible it may not be implemented at all or is it a change which will come into effect automatically upon a date passing?

Yeah it's already passed parking so it kicks in 6 months after if not before

3 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

Yeah it's already passed parking so it kicks in 6 months after if not before

Cheers. Here's hoping it's not going to become effective in this coming week and we still have some breathing space until the automatic date kicks it in.

21 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

Sigh the dangers of autocorrect, parliament not parking.

It will need a system change so there will be a heads up.

Passed parking isn't a bad way to put it though hehe especially if you think of it in a Monopoly kinda game way..
And by needing a system change I assume the heads up would be similar to the last heads up (about a week) which agents were told of prior to the last time this was due to take effect back on 17 April ? 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:42 AM, 2jzrz said:

take effect back on 17 April ?

The laws came into effect then giving the minister power to make the requirements, doesn't mean that the requirements, processes will or need to be implemented. 

Not many people bother to read the Acts or Regulations to know what the changes are or what they mean.

Basically the changes are the the Minister must approve a person as a family sponsor and that the regulations must prescribe classes in relation to which a person may be approved as a  family sponsor and the regulations may establish a process for the Minister to approve a person as a family sponsor.

So it's up to the Minister and the government as to how quickly or not they wish to enact the requirements

Just to add, a missing piece that many over look with these changes is the purpose.

The purpose of the changes was to address domestic violence issues and the power imbalance that the current partner visa process can create.

Women on a temporary partner visa are statistically overrepresented in domestic violence instances and prior to the changes their was no checking that the sponsor was a suitable person to be giving this power imbalance too.  

On 5/19/2019 at 7:56 AM, 2jzrz said:

All elections distract the public service to some extent, less so when there is no change of government. I dont think the election and reshuffle will impact much.

Disclaimer: