GO2012

Expiring Australian Passport update advice

Seeking advice on best way to update passport detail online. Selection options for reason for new passport are Expired or Cancelled, The passport had not expired, but was 6 months of expiring  and renewed I advance due the opportunity when visiting homeland. Is cancelled more appropriate or is this only when a country cancels the document for other reasons.

Regards and thanks in advance for any response

5 minutes ago, GO2012 said:

Seeking advice on best way to update passport detail online. Selection options for reason for new passport are Expired or Cancelled, The passport had not expired, but was 6 months of expiring  and renewed I advance due the opportunity when visiting homeland. Is cancelled more appropriate or is this only when a country cancels the document for other reasons.

It probably doesn't matter which one you go with, but as it is approaching expiring, and a new passport is issued, maybe just got with expired. As long as the Department get the current passport details, that is the main concern. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, GO2012 said:

Select EXPIRED, and explain why early renewal.

CANCELLED is not appropriate in your case.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.