Perla Sjögren

Process of applying for an onshore partner visa

Hi,

I’m currently in Australia on a WHV and applying for an onshore partner visa 820. My current WHV expires on 15 August 2019.

I have started filling out the pages of the 820 partner visa, but I think I need some guidelines on what else I need to do before my current visa expires.

Do I need to start filling out the sponsorship form first before applying for the partner visa? Could someone give me a brief description of the process? 

Also, how much time do I have to upload all the evidence after the application has been lodged?

Thanks in advance for taking ghe time and effort to reply!

@Perla Sjögren Hi,

From what I understand, you are the applicant. If you satisfy all the eligibility criteria listed on https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-onshore you can apply straight away. You will need to fill in the online form and pay the visa fee and submit. After that you will be allowed to upload the documents for evidence. There is no time frame given for uploading the documents but you should do it as soon as possible because immigration can make a decision anytime even before you upload your evidence. 

As for the sponsorship application, your sponsor will do that soon after you lodge your application. You will need to give them your transaction reference number. The sponsor may use your immi account or their own. I hope that helps

Visa: PMV Subclass 300, Lodged: Mid Apr 2019, Medicals: Cleared, Status: Further processing

@Perla Sjögren My personal opinion is to make sure you have all your documents apart from health checks and police clearance ready before application. You can check the documents check list on the following link https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-text/eplus/Pages/elp-h0990.aspx  

Visa: PMV Subclass 300, Lodged: Mid Apr 2019, Medicals: Cleared, Status: Further processing

@Bridge , @AFV We seem to be having a spam message on this thread. I might be wrong. Delete my message if this is a false alarm

6 hours ago, Perla Sjögren said:

@SUHI unfortunately that link you posted does not direct me to an actual checklist. Where else can I find a checklist of what documents & evidence to gather?

@Perla Sjögren That is the official link I got from my immi account. When you open that link it has three links as follows

If you are applying for 820 follow the link with 820 and click more details then open the tab for "step by step". There you will see Step 2 "Gather your documents". If you expand that you will see a list of documents you need. 

I hope that helps

On 4/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, Perla Sjögren said:

Hi,

I’m currently in Australia on a WHV and applying for an onshore partner visa 820. My current WHV expires on 15 August 2019.

I have started filling out the pages of the 820 partner visa, but I think I need some guidelines on what else I need to do before my current visa expires.

Do I need to start filling out the sponsorship form first before applying for the partner visa? Could someone give me a brief description of the process? 

Also, how much time do I have to upload all the evidence after the application has been lodged?

Thanks in advance for taking ghe time and effort to reply!

Just check your current visa DOES NOT HAVE a condition 8513 'no further stay' applied.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 5/3/2019 at 6:57 PM, SUHI said:

@Bridge , @AFV We seem to be having a spam message on this thread. I might be wrong. Delete my message if this is a false alarm

@Bridge, @AFV Can you delete this and my quoted message as the spam message is no longer on this thread. I couldn't find a way to delete my own message. Can we delete our own posts? Thanks.