SUHI

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) Waiting Room

On 9/19/2019 at 6:10 PM, SUHI said:

Hi @Uk2423

There might be a misunderstanding somewhere. There is no condition that you must marry in Australia when you get your PMV. However one condition is that you must not marry or enter into a defacto relationship before entering Australia by the date given. So basically you could do all the NOIM from Australia and once the visa in granted go to Australia to activate it then marry either there in Australia or somewhere else afterwards.

Completing NOIM and booking a wedding or marriage registration venue does not guarantee you visa grant at any date at all. The visa will be granted when it will be granted.

Thanks for the reply. 

Does that mean we can get the NOIM and attach it with the application. And once the visa gets granted, I just have to go to Australia (and not marry there). Then come back to Pakistan and get married? 

Wont it be wrong? Cause in NOIM you show the intention that You are gonna get married in Australia. 

Can you please mention your experience and let me know where you’re planning to get married etc. and what other evidence did you attach with NOIM (bookings in Australia etc?)

Hi @Uk2423

I feel there is a danger of  misunderstanding the language. I said this because I thought my explanation above was straight forward. You may benefit more by consulting a registered migration agent since I am afraid I may confuse you even more.  I am not affiliated to any of them.

Visa: PMV Subclass 300, Lodged: Mid Apr 2019, Medicals: Cleared, Status: Further processing

On 9/19/2019 at 12:56 PM, ShanSav said:

Finally got our PMV approved!!!

Date of application: April 10th 2018 (from India)

Medical checks etc: mid September 2018

Grant letter: September 5th 2019

So approx 16months...long wait but got it in the end. Now a 4 year wait until PR :rolleyes:

Congrats.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

14 hours ago, SUHI said:

Hi @Uk2423

I feel there is a danger of  misunderstanding the language. I said this because I thought my explanation above was straight forward. You may benefit more by consulting a registered migration agent since I am afraid I may confuse you even more.  I am not affiliated to any of them.

You may marry or enter a defacto with the same person who is defined on the PMV.

I am sorry that my English speaking is not being the perfect, or constitutes some inaccuracy.

Why are you so afraid?

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:56 PM, ShanSav said:

Finally got our PMV approved!!!

Date of application: April 10th 2018 (from India)

Medical checks etc: mid September 2018

Grant letter: September 5th 2019

So approx 16months...long wait but got it in the end. Now a 4 year wait until PR :rolleyes:

It was indeed a long wait but the good thing is that it is all done. Congratulations! When is your "enter by" date?

Visa: PMV Subclass 300, Lodged: Mid Apr 2019, Medicals: Cleared, Status: Further processing

Hey everyone. 

I’m still waiting for my fiance’s pmv 300 to be granted, lodged in December 2018. Is it normal that neither of us still have not been interviewed? Applied from Melbourne to Beirut office. Any similar cases? Would like to know some of your experiences. Thank you

Hi @H.01 It is normal to hear nothing at all and only receive a visa grant. Not everyone is interviewed.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:24 AM, SUHI said:

Hi @H.01 It is normal to hear nothing at all and only receive a visa grant. Not everyone is interviewed.

I’m hoping that is the case. We have been waiting for almost 10 months now with absolutely no contact. Has anyone been granted their visa subclass 300 recently from Beirut office? 

Hello all.

Any update at all on subclass 300? This month marks my month 6 of waiting and no communication at all. All documents are submitted including police clearances.

13 hours ago, SUHI said:

Hello all.

Any update at all on subclass 300? This month marks my month 6 of waiting and no communication at all. All documents are submitted including police clearances.

What is the status of your application? Received? Initial Assessment? Further Assessment? Final Assessment?

Mine is still "Received" 

On 10/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, Jackie said:

What is the status of your application? Received? Initial Assessment? Further Assessment? Final Assessment?

Mine is still "Received" 

Hi @Jackie

It has been on further assessment since April 2019. I don't think those statuses mean much at all because some move from "received" to "finalised". When did you lodge your application?