Kalli

How long does it take to get BVE approved?

I just submitted my BVE because I made a mistake thinking my ETA was valid for 12 months upon ARRIVAL to Australia, when in fact it was valid for 12 months upon being GRANTED. 

My ETA expired May 25th of this year, so that means I'm about 10 days unlawful.

The only reason I became aware of this was because I was about to submit my partner subclass 820 visa, and wanted to see how many days exactly I had left to lodge it... I arrived in the country on June 13th of 2018, so I thought I had more time... but I was wrong and now I am highly concerned with how this will affect me.

I submitted my BVE so that I could become lawful, but now it is a waiting game until it is approved... Does anybody know if I will be able to apply for my partner visa once BVE is approved? Thanks so much in advance!

25 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

Was it a multi entry visa? If so what was the wording on that section on that.

Was it Vevo that you got that info?

Yes, it was multi entry visa. It said I can enter and return to Australia as many times as I want during a 12 month period in which the visa has been granted. (Which I mistook to mean 12 months after ENTRY to country like it was for my working holiday visa previously) 

I did not ge the info through Vevo it was through the ETA check?

7 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

Just reading back on your previous posts, you had 3 months entry limit on a ETA, so long as you entered before the last entry date and are inside the 3 months then you are fine.

I just looked an I am one day outside of my 3 months stay.... I have no idea why I didn't take that into account. 

Hello, i am wondering how long does it usually take for a BVE class A to be approved? my partner is on his second year working visa atm and it expires in October so we are seeing how long before October should we apply for the BVE visa,  obviously the sooner the better but how late is too late? so that one visa can start when the other ends so that he doesnt have to leave and come back.

33 minutes ago, Tash said:

Hello, i am wondering how long does it usually take for a BVE class A to be approved? my partner is on his second year working visa atm and it expires in October so we are seeing how long before October should we apply for the BVE visa,  obviously the sooner the better but how late is too late? so that one visa can start when the other ends so that he doesnt have to leave and come back.

I think you are getting bridging visas confused. There is no bridging visa E class a.

Your previous visa must have already ended. I suggest you start a new thread with exact details of what you are trying to achieve with all the information.

1 hour ago, Tash said:

I think you are referring to a Bridging Visa A. Is that correct.

50 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

I think you are getting bridging visas confused. There is no bridging visa E class a.

Your previous visa must have already ended. I suggest you start a new thread with exact details of what you are trying to achieve with all the information.

Agree. Can our member start a new thread detailing his/her exact circumstances. 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.