Amaris

Anything I can deal with while at home?

Hello, 

I'm going back to Australia in August, and we're gonna apply for a partner visa then. But since I'm still home for a few weeks I was wondering if I could do some work beforehand here? Like any documents I could arrange or translate? 

What would be useful to arrange here still? 

Thanks in advance, 

Amaris 

8 hours ago, Amaris said:

Hello, 

I'm going back to Australia in August, and we're gonna apply for a partner visa then. But since I'm still home for a few weeks I was wondering if I could do some work beforehand here? Like any documents I could arrange or translate? 

What would be useful to arrange here still? 

Thanks in advance, 

Amaris 

If there is any supporting documentation that you will need in Australia to be provided with your application you might want to ensure that you have it, or access to it when you are in Australia. Nothing worse than having to chase down a document when you are in Australia that is located overseas.

If you are submitting a partner visa onshore, you need to ensure that any translation that you are do are done by a NAATI accredited translator.  

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

1 minute ago, AFV said:

If there is any supporting documentation that you will need in Australia to be provided with your application you might want to ensure that you have it, or access to it when you are in Australia. Nothing worse than having to chase down a document when you are in Australia that is located overseas.

If you are submitting a partner visa onshore, you need to ensure that any translation that you are do are done by a NAATI accredited translator.  

We recently had a client who had applied for an onshore partner visa based on their de facto relationship. The Department requested a document evidencing single status (that the applicant was not legally married to another person). This could only be applied for in Thailand. Fortunately the applicant was heading back to Thailand for a visit and was able to obtain one. 

logo.png

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.