Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi

My Thai wife and i would like to apply For a 309/100 visa.  We have been Together 3.5 years and married a month in thailand. She is a mature age uni student with 2 years until the end of her degree. Which is why we would like to apply now.

I work offshore in australia and spend every other 3 weeks in Thailand. I have a house and savings in Australia. Also enough savings in Thailand For a few years of living.

I am thinking about changing career but its not guarenteed income. It is commission based.

Does Anyone know if this would be a problem for the application? There is no financial requirements on the government website.

Much appreciated

Ed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, edc said:

Hi

My Thai wife and i would like to apply For a 309/100 visa.  We have been Together 3.5 years and married a month in thailand. She is a mature age uni student with 2 years until the end of her degree. Which is why we would like to apply now.

I work offshore in australia and spend every other 3 weeks in Thailand. I have a house and savings in Australia. Also enough savings in Thailand For a few years of living.

I am thinking about changing career but its not guarenteed income. It is commission based.

Does Anyone know if this would be a problem for the application? There is no financial requirements on the government website.

Much appreciated

Ed

 

Welcome to the Australian Visa Forum,

Currently there are no financial requirements for sponsors, other than a requirement to sign a sponsorship undertaking that you: 

  • are responsible for all financial obligations to the Australian Government that your partner might incur while they are in Australia
  • agree to provide adequate accommodation and financial assistance as required to meet your partner’s reasonable living needs. This assistance would cover the two years following the grant of their temporary Partner visa
  • will provide financial and other support, such as childcare, that will enable your partner to attend any English classes they need
  • will provide information and advice to help your partner settle in Australia. This information and advice should include telling your partner about employment in Australia.
  • immediately notify the department if your relationship with your partner breaks down. Even if you withdraw your support for your partner before their application is finalised.

Note: It is still unknown how the new requirements with regards to sponsorship pre-approval will impact on a sponsors obligations. Hopefully this will be known soon.     


920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm Australian living overseas and sponsored my wife so she got her offshore visa in about 3 months which was really great surprise for us since the estimated time-frame for decision was 12-18 months or something like that. No mention of any financial/income stuff at all in the application that I recall. But that was towards the end of 2018 and before the start of the sponsor pre-approval thing.

Best luck to all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, Soulmates said:

I'm Australian living overseas and sponsored my wife so she got her offshore visa in about 3 months which was really great surprise for us since the estimated time-frame for decision was 12-18 months or something like that. No mention of any financial/income stuff at all in the application that I recall. But that was towards the end of 2018 and before the start of the sponsor pre-approval thing.

Best luck to all

What class of visa? 300 PMV? 

When did you make your application & was it "approval ready" when submitted?

Can you share the types of evidence you provided?

It seems many folks here supply evidence gradually as they gather it. I would have thought making a complete application at one time might be the best approach.

I'm very interested to hear about your approach to the application as it seems the department found it easy to assess.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi akarosco,

Ours was for the 309 offshore as married couple. We applied mid 2018. 

I think it's all about how you can prove the genuineness of your relationship and support all your claims with evidence that you can organise and present in a way that makes it easy on the case officer to go through and hopefully be convinced that you're genuine and then you deserve the visa.

Yes, getting everything ready before submitting your application is important I think and saves you much time. 

We actually spent more time on preparing our application than it took to be decided on. It took us 2+ months of hard work and long hours going through the countless number of evidence we had (that was mostly my wife's part of the job) , filter them out, select some from each period since the beginning of our years long relationship and then organise everything chronologically in pdf files each dedicated to support each main aspect of our relationship and commitment as required by the IMMI and the many tips they offer that we went over and over many times and any time we were in any doubt about anything.

Our evidence was mainly screenshots from our Facebook, SMS, calls records, so many pictures together in different places and in social context with others when possible, as well as samples from thousands of chats we'd had over the years and in all communication routes we had and kept records of. Then come pictures from our engagement and wedding. 

We two are the type of people that hold on every bit of our story/memory together and that helped us a lot. Maybe we overdid it but it paid us back so well in the end. 

In fact, the decision was made in almost a month not three, considering there was a month delay twice on our behalf fulfilling the IMMI's request first for the medical exam which was far away from where we lived and the date they (the medical panel at IOM) booked us was late.

The other month-delay was the sponsor statement I also had to get witnessed by the same IOM doctor where my wife got her medical report and that took me a month to do due to long distance and personal circumstances at the time. I should've done my statement before they asked for it and that could've saved us an extra month. 

My other tip: get whatever documents they mention on their site if it's not a hassle (like it was in my case) and don't wait till they request it. 

However, once I uploaded my statement and shortly later uploaded a translated marriage statement at the request of the case officer, the decision was surprisingly made on the same day and we couldn't really believe our eyes when we received the email of confirmation and visa details 2-3 hours later on that same day.

It was stated on our IMMI account that it would take up to 18 months to be decided upon and we thought no matter how perfect our application was and how easy we made it on the case officer to decide, we still had to believe the timeline they stated and at best hope for the 12 months, the earliest estimate they gave. 

The presentation and organisation of our evidence in a story-like style and highlights of key events along the way where need be and my great computer skills surely helped us a lot. 

It was very frustrating for me when I had to go through some pdf files (over 100 pages all in all) times and times trying to re-filter them and cut parts out or play with the included pictures's quality or compression to reduce the size of some files so we could upload them since there's a size limit. 

It helped us a lot me being so comfortable and experienced with all those technicalities. Although we provided an apparently maybe overwhelming bulk of evidence at the first thought but the way we organised the info and how we presented it made it so easy to follow and quickly believe in its message and the spirit of its genuineness. 

I wish you all the best luck and am happy to answer any further query but forgive my delay given the time difference and my tight time, still being overseas. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Soulmates said:

Hi akarosco,

Ours was for the 309 offshore as married couple. We applied mid 2018. 

I think it's all about how you can prove the genuineness of your relationship and support all your claims with evidence that you can organise and present in a way that makes it easy on the case officer to go through and hopefully be convinced that you're genuine and then you deserve the visa.

Yes, getting everything ready before submitting your application is important I think and saves you much time. 

We actually spent more time on preparing our application than it took to be decided on. It took us 2+ months of hard work and long hours going through the countless number of evidence we had (that was mostly my wife's part of the job) , filter them out, select some from each period since the beginning of our years long relationship and then organise everything chronologically in pdf files each dedicated to support each main aspect of our relationship and commitment as required by the IMMI and the many tips they offer that we went over and over many times and any time we were in any doubt about anything.

Our evidence was mainly screenshots from our Facebook, SMS, calls records, so many pictures together in different places and in social context with others when possible, as well as samples from thousands of chats we'd had over the years and in all communication routes we had and kept records of. Then come pictures from our engagement and wedding. 

We two are the type of people that hold on every bit of our story/memory together and that helped us a lot. Maybe we overdid it but it paid us back so well in the end. 

In fact, the decision was made in almost a month not three, considering there was a month delay twice on our behalf fulfilling the IMMI's request first for the medical exam which was far away from where we lived and the date they (the medical panel at IOM) booked us was late.

The other month-delay was the sponsor statement I also had to get witnessed by the same IOM doctor where my wife got her medical report and that took me a month to do due to long distance and personal circumstances at the time. I should've done my statement before they asked for it and that could've saved us an extra month. 

My other tip: get whatever documents they mention on their site if it's not a hassle (like it was in my case) and don't wait till they request it. 

However, once I uploaded my statement and shortly later uploaded a translated marriage statement at the request of the case officer, the decision was surprisingly made on the same day and we couldn't really believe our eyes when we received the email of confirmation and visa details 2-3 hours later on that same day.

It was stated on our IMMI account that it would take up to 18 months to be decided upon and we thought no matter how perfect our application was and how easy we made it on the case officer to decide, we still had to believe the timeline they stated and at best hope for the 12 months, the earliest estimate they gave. 

The presentation and organisation of our evidence in a story-like style and highlights of key events along the way where need be and my great computer skills surely helped us a lot. 

It was very frustrating for me when I had to go through some pdf files (over 100 pages all in all) times and times trying to re-filter them and cut parts out or play with the included pictures's quality or compression to reduce the size of some files so we could upload them since there's a size limit. 

It helped us a lot me being so comfortable and experienced with all those technicalities. Although we provided an apparently maybe overwhelming bulk of evidence at the first thought but the way we organised the info and how we presented it made it so easy to follow and quickly believe in its message and the spirit of its genuineness. 

I wish you all the best luck and am happy to answer any further query but forgive my delay given the time difference and my tight time, still being overseas. 

 

Congratulations! Your effort really seem to amaze me.

 

What kind of proof did you show for financial support? Was it more of a joint bank account?

Also, have you included pictures with the written statement in relationship history? I just want to get an idea how you include pictures with the statements, did you put all the photos on a separate PDF page or did you just included it accordingly to your relationship story in every paragraph let’s say ?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jess D said:

Congratulations! Your effort really seem to amaze me.

 

What kind of proof did you show for financial support? Was it more of a joint bank account?

Also, have you included pictures with the written statement in relationship history? I just want to get an idea how you include pictures with the statements, did you put all the photos on a separate PDF page or did you just included it accordingly to your relationship story in every paragraph let’s say ?

Hi Jess,

Thank you and I wish you all the best luck on your journey too.

The financial part was more of a written statement explaining our circumstances. No bank statements or shared account or anything big that we could prove with any formal documents. We used the occasional times when we mentioned anything to do with financial support in any way in our written communication (chats etc) and took screenshots of them in addition to a statement about the financial aspect of our relationship along the way till after marriage. 

Pictures and screenshots of our written communications made the most of our evidence so we relied on that for all aspects and wherever felt needed. 

We dedicated a file for each aspect and included all the related evidence with explanation when due. 

We thought of it from the beginning as a way to tell our story from a to z.

i wish we could share samples of our evidence and our files (book really!) but that's a lot of too personal and private matters to share in public. 

All in all, from our experience, I think all that matters is you prove the GENUINENESS of your relationship and commitment in any way you can and clarify anything that's required but you don't have any formal proof of it in your case. 

I scanned through your posts in another forum here and I think you don't have anything to worry about. Just organise your evidence, all you have and can, and spend some time to present them in an easy to follow way in a nice looking pdf for each aspect. 

Best of luck to you and everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulmates said:

Hi Jess,

Thank you and I wish you all the best luck on your journey too.

The financial part was more of a written statement explaining our circumstances. No bank statements or shared account or anything big that we could prove with any formal documents. We used the occasional times when we mentioned anything to do with financial support in any way in our written communication (chats etc) and took screenshots of them in addition to a statement about the financial aspect of our relationship along the way till after marriage. 

Pictures and screenshots of our written communications made the most of our evidence so we relied on that for all aspects and wherever felt needed. 

We dedicated a file for each aspect and included all the related evidence with explanation when due. 

We thought of it from the beginning as a way to tell our story from a to z.

i wish we could share samples of our evidence and our files (book really!) but that's a lot of too personal and private matters to share in public. 

All in all, from our experience, I think all that matters is you prove the GENUINENESS of your relationship and commitment in any way you can and clarify anything that's required but you don't have any formal proof of it in your case. 

I scanned through your posts in another forum here and I think you don't have anything to worry about. Just organise your evidence, all you have and can, and spend some time to present them in an easy to follow way in a nice looking pdf for each aspect. 

Best of luck to you and everyone.

Thanks a lot @Soulmates really helpful advice !!

Gathering evidences just makes me nervous as I don’t want to miss anything. Did you used an agent though?

 I Wish you all the best in life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jess D said:

Thanks a lot @Soulmates really helpful advice !!

Gathering evidences just makes me nervous as I don’t want to miss anything. Did you used an agent though?

 I Wish you all the best in life!

@Jess D I'm sure I replied to this yesterday but for some reason it vanished !!! 😕

I understand how you feel and we went through that at the beginning but once started everything got easier.

Just start by collecting every type of evidence you two have either as formal documents, sms, calls logs, emails, pictures, or screenshots of any written or online communications etc.

Then filter them out and keep what you think more useful. Organise your files in special folder and sub-folders according to their types and the aspects they support.

Once ready, start putting everything together as pdf files and bear in mind the file size limit. They say 5MB but it actually needs be less or else it won't accept on uploading. Aim at 4MB more or less. You have a lot of files allowance but it's easier on the case officer if you make the number on the low end I guess.

No we didn't feel we needed.

All our best wishes always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soulmates said:

@Jess D I'm sure I replied to this yesterday but for some reason it vanished !!! 😕

I understand how you feel and we went through that at the beginning but once started everything got easier.

Just start by collecting every type of evidence you two have either as formal documents, sms, calls logs, emails, pictures, or screenshots of any written or online communications etc.

Then filter them out and keep what you think more useful. Organise your files in special folder and sub-folders according to their types and the aspects they support.

Once ready, start putting everything together as pdf files and bear in mind the file size limit. They say 5MB but it actually needs be less or else it won't accept on uploading. Aim at 4MB more or less. You have a lot of files allowance but it's easier on the case officer if you make the number on the low end I guess.

No we didn't feel we needed.

All our best wishes always

Thanks a lot @Soulmates !! You’ve been really helpful. 

I was thinking of putting all the photo evidence on a separate PDF and just put label or reference them accordingly. Or maybe let’s say a separate PDF for me and my partner’s photos, travel and photos with family members and then separate PDF photos for let’s say financial aspect proof.

I just don’t want to make it difficult for the CO to look for photos accordingly with the statements. So I’m trying to figure out which way would be better.

 

thanks again !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jess D said:

Thanks a lot @Soulmates !! You’ve been really helpful. 

I was thinking of putting all the photo evidence on a separate PDF and just put label or reference them accordingly. Or maybe let’s say a separate PDF for me and my partner’s photos, travel and photos with family members and then separate PDF photos for let’s say financial aspect proof.

I just don’t want to make it difficult for the CO to look for photos accordingly with the statements. So I’m trying to figure out which way would be better.

 

thanks again !!

Sure keep the "Statements" files clean and have pdf files for the photos, each for an aspect and maybe you would like to have one or more extra files for whatever you think serves your circumstances if any need.  Make the layout and formatting easy to follow and jump from one place to another in the one file. You can also link to other files from within the one file if need be somewhere.

Best of luck and ... I'm sure all would be great for you so go ahead :)  (my wife thinks I'm psychic, so trust me ;)  )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, editha said:

Hello guys,

Does it means that sponsors must have regular work? What if  he had only part time work?

No. It does not state that.  But it does mean you cant be a non-discharged bankrupt or in prison (as far as we know)


 

 

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jess D said:

Thanks a lot @Soulmates !! You’ve been really helpful. 

I was thinking of putting all the photo evidence on a separate PDF and just put label or reference them accordingly. Or maybe let’s say a separate PDF for me and my partner’s photos, travel and photos with family members and then separate PDF photos for let’s say financial aspect proof.

I just don’t want to make it difficult for the CO to look for photos accordingly with the statements. So I’m trying to figure out which way would be better.

 

thanks again !!

The basics I restate;

  • More quality , less volume
  • A photo without a proven date is useless.
    • A photo without a corroborating email, event or receipt that establishes a date is basically useless.
  • Photos with family members should include their passport ID's so the Identity of these people in a photo can be verified.
  • Again, more quality and  less piles of random photos and transcripts.
  • Considering the CW's ease of reading/verification will get you far.

 

 

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Soulmates said:

Sure keep the "Statements" files clean and have pdf files for the photos, each for an aspect and maybe you would like to have one or more extra files for whatever you think serves your circumstances if any need.  Make the layout and formatting easy to follow and jump from one place to another in the one file. You can also link to other files from within the one file if need be somewhere.

Best of luck and ... I'm sure all would be great for you so go ahead :)  (my wife thinks I'm psychic, so trust me ;)  )

Thanks again @Soulmates you’re a legend! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AussieDude said:

The basics I restate;

  • More quality , less volume
  • A photo without a proven date is useless.
    • A photo without a corroborating email, event or receipt that establishes a date is basically useless.
  • Photos with family members should include their passport ID's so the Identity of these people in a photo can be verified.
  • Again, more quality and  less piles of random photos and transcripts.
  • Considering the CW's ease of reading/verification will get you far.

Thanks @AussieDude

 

So basically, you mean to say if I include photos of me with my partner’s family members it is better to include their passport ID as a proof? 

I also have travel proof with my partner and her sister and brother in law. I do have proof of tickets booked for the 4 of us. Moreover, they will be helping us with 888 STAT DECS knowledge about our relationship as they have known us as partner ever since we’ve started dating each other ( they are Aus Citizen and PR). 

I do understand proof with every photo is basically essential rather than piling up with unnecessary photos. 

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jess D said:

Thanks again @Soulmates you’re a legend! 

@Jess D so glad to help np at all.

As said by @AussieDude , yes I forgot to mention so. Try show dates of the photos whenever you have/can. Same for any other written communications inc chats, sms, fb posts, makes sure to show the date on them.

If you don't have photos stamped already with the date taken, you can show the original file date by accessing its property on your computer. and take a screenshot. I did that for only some key pics where I wanted to makes sure the date is seen and no suspicion can be regarding its legitimacy since people can fake anything on computers these days.

Best luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Soulmates said:

@Jess D so glad to help np at all.

As said by @AussieDude , yes I forgot to mention so. Try show dates of the photos whenever you have/can. Same for any other written communications inc chats, sms, fb posts, makes sure to show the date on them.

If you don't have photos stamped already with the date taken, you can show the original file date by accessing its property on your computer. and take a screenshot. I did that for only some key pics where I wanted to makes sure the date is seen and no suspicion can be regarding its legitimacy since people can fake anything on computers these days.

Best luck

Noted @Soulmates thanks heaps!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soulmates said:

@Jess D so glad to help np at all.

As said by @AussieDude , yes I forgot to mention so. Try show dates of the photos whenever you have/can. Same for any other written communications inc chats, sms, fb posts, makes sure to show the date on them.

If you don't have photos stamped already with the date taken, you can show the original file date by accessing its property on your computer. and take a screenshot. I did that for only some key pics where I wanted to makes sure the date is seen and no suspicion can be regarding its legitimacy since people can fake anything on computers these days.

Best luck

Photos without separate corroborating evidence are rarely considered as prime evidence.  Date stamps, file stamps, embedded EXIF data can all be altered. I use the example;

  • An email planning the diner out
  • A photo of you both at the restaurant
  • A copy of the restaurant bill
  • All the dates matching

Is worth more than 100 random, unsupported photos.


 

 

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AussieDude said:

Photos without separate corroborating evidence are rarely considered as prime evidence.  Date stamps, file stamps, embedded EXIF data can all be altered. I use the example;

  • An email planning the diner out
  • A photo of you both at the restaurant
  • A copy of the restaurant bill
  • All the dates matching

Is worth more than 100 random, unsupported photos.

@AussieDude sure but then all that list/dates can be faked/altered to match too. At the end of the day, it's the whole picture and how convincing it looks I guess. For a couple trying to cheat the system, they can even plan and have all the above "real" evidence. There's no one CO can be 100% sure of the genuineness of ANY application unless they live with the couple for enough long time because everything can be faked or made up including ceremonies and formal certificates or witnesses.  However, the percentage of people who can have the skills to fake all that is very tiny, I guess, compared to the rest.

In our case, yes we met what you mentioned so well and I made sure to support any one key evidence with as many corroborating others as could and same time I made sure to show as many "proofs" of "genuineness" of the evidence as possible.

All the best

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soulmates said:

@AussieDude sure but then all that list/dates can be faked/altered to match too. At the end of the day, it's the whole picture and how convincing it looks I guess. For a couple trying to cheat the system, they can even plan and have all the above "real" evidence. There's no one CO can be 100% sure of the genuineness of ANY application unless they live with the couple for enough long time because everything can be faked or made up including ceremonies and formal certificates or witnesses.  However, the percentage of people who can have the skills to fake all that is very tiny, I guess, compared to the rest.

In our case, yes we met what you mentioned so well and I made sure to support any one key evidence with as many corroborating others as could and same time I made sure to show as many "proofs" of "genuineness" of the evidence as possible.

All the best

 

Yes, everything can be forged.  But a receipt in the example above can be easily verified against a credit card statement.  When you present 3-4 pieces of corroborating evidence it paints a solid picture. But I have always said, if the relationship is genuine, then there is always proof.

We have a epidemic of shonky agents cooking up all sorts of false documentation, and a whole industry for providing fake ID's, drivers licenses etc.  All this does is to clutter IMMI's desks with so much false shit, that it slows down the processing of the genuine cases.

IMMI has simple rules, if there is any doubt of the legitimacy of a key document, and it cant be verified from the source, then its rejected. Nothing is assumed to be legitimate until verified. Fortunately with more and more prime evidence becoming available online, the verification task is getting simpler.

IMMI case workers are very very competent at detecting fake documents, and verifying legitimate documents at the source.  Very very little gets passed them.  If you lie, you will be caught.

Good luck with your plans, and keep us informed.


 

 

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AussieDude said:

Yes, everything can be forged.  But a receipt in the example above can be easily verified against a credit card statement.  When you present 3-4 pieces of corroborating evidence it paints a solid picture. But I have always said, if the relationship is genuine, then there is always proof.

We have a epidemic of shonky agents cooking up all sorts of false documentation, and a whole industry for providing fake ID's, drivers licenses etc.  All this does is to clutter IMMI's desks with so much false shit, that it slows down the processing of the genuine cases.

IMMI has simple rules, if there is any doubt of the legitimacy of a key document, and it cant be verified from the source, then its rejected. Nothing is assumed to be legitimate until verified. Fortunately with more and more prime evidence becoming available online, the verification task is getting simpler.

IMMI case workers are very very competent at detecting fake documents, and verifying legitimate documents at the source.  Very very little gets passed them.  If you lie, you will be caught.

Good luck with your plans, and keep us informed.

Spot on, thank you.

It's very sad that so many genuine couples have to endure the ever growing complexity getting their visa because of ill-intentioned others.

Happily and to our big surprise we had the visa in no time (< 3 months) and we highly do command the IMMI COs on their efficiency. We had nothing that could be verified online but the unity of our heaps of evidence and the spirit of our genuineness I think was felt in our application and worked magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AussieDude said:

No. It does not state that.  But it does mean you cant be a non-discharged bankrupt or in prison (as far as we know)

As I have posted in the past, the above information is not correct! care to post any reference to this? 

Now you could argue being in prison could make it hard to meet the sponsor requirements of supporting the partner for the first 2 years, but it really depends on multiple things to the extent that your couldn't claim this such as you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, editha said:

Hello guys,

Does it means that sponsors must have regular work? What if  he had only part time work?

The current working status of the sponsor is not important. You can be a sponsor if your only income is welfare (as an example)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 2:31 PM, Soulmates said:

@AussieDude sure but then all that list/dates can be faked/altered to match too. At the end of the day, it's the whole picture and how convincing it looks I guess. For a couple trying to cheat the system, they can even plan and have all the above "real" evidence. There's no one CO can be 100% sure of the genuineness of ANY application unless they live with the couple for enough long time because everything can be faked or made up including ceremonies and formal certificates or witnesses.  However, the percentage of people who can have the skills to fake all that is very tiny, I guess, compared to the rest.

In our case, yes we met what you mentioned so well and I made sure to support any one key evidence with as many corroborating others as could and same time I made sure to show as many "proofs" of "genuineness" of the evidence as possible.

All the best

 

Thanks @Soulmates.

I appreciate the effort you've put into your responses on this thread.

Your approach seems to be very similar to the one I'm taking.

There's been some additional tips I'll be using such as including credit card statements as a way of verifying purchases & purchase locations.

A problem I have is the sheer volume of info I'd like to include.

I've put together a pdf of thumbnails of our photos. In addition I plan on including a number of key photos as stand alone image files because of the EXIF data/Geo-tag they contain. Although the point made by @AussieDude about EXIF info being altered is concerning.

Thanks also go out to @Jess D, @Nightcall and all other contributors. This is a great community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...