Sign in to follow this  
coyote764

Need to start over BVA TOPIC

Hello all. I’ve hit a brick wall and need to get my head clear on my situation. 

This has all been covered a million times before but my brain is so cluttered with information I don’t know what is right or wrong anymore.

ME: Married to my sponsor and meet all the relationship criteria. We plan to lodge 820/801 when I enter on my 601. My ETA does NOT have “no further stay condition”.

I understand that when I lodge the application that the BVA is granted and activated when my 601 expires. I don’t need to discuss the new sponsor law at this time. 

What I do need to know is that if I can work or not because I have dependents back home. I read that I can work and read that I cannot work. I can’t distinguish what conditions apply to me now and am running out of time and brain cells 

Thank you for your input

8 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

When going to a partner visa there is no work restrictions imposed on a bridging visa.

So what you are simply saying is that if we apply onshore for 820/801 that there are no work restrictions on my BVA? Why do I keep reading on the Immi website that BVA has NO work rights. I’m fairly intelligent but am starting question that being that there is supporting literature that I must be misreading.

7 hours ago, coyote764 said:

So what you are simply saying is that if we apply onshore for 820/801 that there are no work restrictions on my BVA? Why do I keep reading on the Immi website that BVA has NO work rights. I’m fairly intelligent but am starting question that being that there is supporting literature that I must be misreading.

Not sure, I can't see where you would be reading it.

It also depends on what visa you apply for which is why they say conditions could/may be applied and why I framed my answer going for a partner visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/bridging-visa-a-010

With this visa, you can:

• work, if you meet the requirements for work.