I've been looking at the department of home affairs website. What I wanted to find out is, is it actually possible to get a work visa to come to Australia if my occupation isn't on the skilled occupation list. For example if I wanted to just transfer to the Australian branch of the company that I work for?

6 hours ago, Katie Mulligan said:

I've been looking at the department of home affairs website. What I wanted to find out is, is it actually possible to get a work visa to come to Australia if my occupation isn't on the skilled occupation list. For example if I wanted to just transfer to the Australian branch of the company that I work for?

In this case your employer would sponsor a work visa for you. However, your employer will still have to demonstrate to IMMI that your role can not be filled by a local applicant, and you are highly skilled or possess unique skills that can not be sourced locally. This is the case for long term or migrant work visa's.

Short term skilled visa are also available.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.