Sign in to follow this  
Shackleford9

400 Visa + Working Holiday Visa?

Hello

I'm new to the forums and haven't been able to see a similar situation - apologies if I've missed it.

I am over in Australia on a skills shortage visa for two years. My girlfriend works for a UK company and has been granted a 400 visa for 3 months from her company from September to November to work in the Australian branch. She then needs to work for the UK branch for December and January either back in the UK or remotely from Australia. Then plans to take a sabbatical and apply for a working holiday visa for a year from February.

I know its a messy situation! Just wondering if you are able to have two different visas within this timeframe? Would she be able to work remotely and apply for the working holiday visa or would she have to go back to the UK and apply from there?

Thanks for any help!

On 7/30/2019 at 11:40 AM, Shackleford9 said:

I know its a messy situation! Just wondering if you are able to have two different visas within this timeframe? Would she be able to work remotely and apply for the working holiday visa or would she have to go back to the UK and apply from there?

Thanks for any help!

Fundamentally, an individual can only have 'one substantive visa' in force at any point in time.

As her 400 expires in November, and generally they can not be extended, she either needs to leave for the UK in November, or seek another form of Visa. But a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) must be applied for OFF-SHORE.

So, she will probably need to exit in November and apply for the 417 from the UK.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

3 minutes ago, AussieDude said:

Fundamentally, an individual can only have 'one substantive visa' in force at any point in time.

As her 400 expires in November, and generally they can not be extended, she either needs to leave for the UK in November, or seek another form of Visa. But a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) must be applied for OFF-SHORE.

So, she will probably need to exit in November and apply for the 417 from the UK.

Thanks for your help! But there shouldn't be an issue with getting two visas within the space of a few months? Just as long as they aren't simultaneous?

If so that sounds ok

2 minutes ago, Shackleford9 said:

Thanks for your help! But there shouldn't be an issue with getting two visas within the space of a few months? Just as long as they aren't simultaneous?

If so that sounds ok

The Processing times for a 417 are;

• 75% of applications in 13 days
  • 90% of applications in 22 days

She can apply the moment she leaves Australia.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.