Amy Sharma

Parents visit visa

Hi, I am currently in Australia and I want to apply both my dad and moms visit visa and I am a permanent resident of Australia. If I want to apply on their behalf opening a new immi account. Could anyone let me know how I am supposed to do like what subclass. Separate applications for both dad and mom or everything else. 

19 hours ago, Amy Sharma said:

Hi, I am currently in Australia and I want to apply both my dad and moms visit visa and I am a permanent resident of Australia. If I want to apply on their behalf opening a new immi account. Could anyone let me know how I am supposed to do like what subclass. Separate applications for both dad and mom or everything else. 

So you can sponsor them under the Visitor visa (subclass 600): Sponsored family stream.  This visa stream lets people who are sponsored, usually by a family member, come to Australia to visit their family members. 

If your parents English and/or computer skills are not adequate, then I would suggest that you set up a Family IMMI online account for them both, but you operate the account.  Online is better, but paper is still available.  Although you will operate the account for them, they are still applying as themselves, i.e you can not sign on their behalf.

You as a sponsor dont need an IMMI account, you just need to complete the Sponsor  Form 1149 Application for sponsorship for Sponsored Family Visitors (430KB PDF).  Complete  the Form 1149 and either have your parents attach a signed copy to their 'PAPER' application, or scan the form 1149 and upload it if they are applying online.

Mum and Dad will BOTH need to submit an individual application.  Your Form 1149 needs to be attached to BOTH applications. 

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.