2jzrz

Obtaining Indonesian Police checks

We applied onshore and as my partner has lived in a few countries for work purposes we are just preparing how we go about getting Police checks from those countries.

Indonesia being her home country, we will be required to get one from there however we are finding it almost impossible to contact anyone in regards to gaining a Police check without having to physically travel back to Indonesia which would mean applying for a BVB not to mention the $2,000 flight costs etc etc just to get the Police check. We have called the Indonesian Embassy in Australia so many times and there is no answer. We have called the Head Police offices in Jakarta, no one answers.

Has anyone here obtained an Indonesian Police check before whilst remaining onshore? Seems absurd we would have to go through the whole process of obtaining a BVB just to travel to get a Police check all within the timeframe of the request to supply further documents along with other country Police checks and medicals..

Police check - Indonesia
Relevant document: Police Certificate known as a Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian [SKCK].
Indonesian Citizens: Apply at the Local District Level Police Office (POLDA) or at the Police Central Headquarters (Mabes POLRI).

Apply online through the POLRI SKCK website.
Provide:

Indonesian ID Card, also known as a Kartu Tanda Penduduk (KTP). Or an Indonesian Driving license, also known as a Surat Izin Mengemudi (SIM).
Family Card, also known as a Kartu Keluarga.
Birth Certificate, known as an Akta Kelahiran.
colour passport photos.
Application form
Further information about the process and relevant supporting documents can be found at: https://www.polri.go.id/layanan-skck.php

Thanks @SammyJ for the above info. We have visited this site and emailed them directly however get no response. That along with calling their numbers and about 10 other numbers.
The processes and systems for acquiring  documents in Indonesian are very backwards and a lot of going here and going there and back here and back there.

Sounds like the Indonesian authorities are the same as what we had to deal with in the Philippines. They haven't quite caught up to the email world.

Although things are starting to improve in the Phils. They've finally worked out the internet is for lots of things other than Facebook

25 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

Sounds like the Indonesian authorities are the same as what we had to deal with in the Philippines. They haven't quite caught up to the email world.

Although things are starting to improve in the Phils. They've finally worked out the internet is for lots of things other than Facebook

haha so true @SammyJ. We've also found about 90% who work in the Indonesian Embassy and Police services don't even know the right information or how to access it.
Probably the reason you need to visit 5 different offices just for 1 piece of paper. Their systems and staff really are outdated and uninformed.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:33 PM, 2jzrz said:

We applied onshore and as my partner has lived in a few countries for work purposes we are just preparing how we go about getting Police checks from those countries.

Indonesia being her home country, we will be required to get one from there however we are finding it almost impossible to contact anyone in regards to gaining a Police check without having to physically travel back to Indonesia which would mean applying for a BVB not to mention the $2,000 flight costs etc etc just to get the Police check. We have called the Indonesian Embassy in Australia so many times and there is no answer. We have called the Head Police offices in Jakarta, no one answers.

Has anyone here obtained an Indonesian Police check before whilst remaining onshore? Seems absurd we would have to go through the whole process of obtaining a BVB just to travel to get a Police check all within the timeframe of the request to supply further documents along with other country Police checks and medicals..

You can obtain an Indo PCC from Australia, and they also do it online.

I see people gaining Indo PCC's regularly.  But all the instructions are in Indo.  You can also lodge them in person, by paper at the Embassy or Missions in your local city.

I understand that over the counter lodgement in person is the easiest.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, AussieDude said:

You can obtain an Indo PCC from Australia, and they also do it online.

I see people gaining Indo PCC's regularly.  But all the instructions are in Indo.  You can also lodge them in person, by paper at the Embassy or Missions in your local city.

Thanks @AussieDude Do you have a link for the online application? There are many we have found but these are nothing more than a portal to upload documents to fast track the documents required but we still must attend the head offices in Indonesia for collection.

When you say Embassy in your local city would this also be the Indonesia Consulate (for Brisbane)?

Lastly how does one go about getting finger prints to submit with our application (providing we can apply onshore)?