Sign in to follow this  
Porkniku

Partner visa questions

Can form 888  be added after we apply ? (some friends are taking a long time to get back)

Will they investigate our personal lives ? My partner is going back to her country  for 4 weeks and I don't want to go so I am staying here, will they investigate us and ask why we didn't travel together ? i have already been to her country once this year and don't want to go again.

We are in relationship for 2 years, but have not been living together for 12 months. Living together for maybe 6 months. We will register relationship before applying. 

When we apply I hear she will get a bridging visa automatically and if it is rejected the rejection will take between 12 months and 2 years. So whatever happens we buy her 12 months in the country minimum ?

3 hours ago, Porkniku said:

Can form 888  be added after we apply ? (some friends are taking a long time to get back)

Will they investigate our personal lives ? My partner is going back to her country  for 4 weeks and I don't want to go so I am staying here, will they investigate us and ask why we didn't travel together ? i have already been to her country once this year and don't want to go again.

We are in relationship for 2 years, but have not been living together for 12 months. Living together for maybe 6 months. We will register relationship before applying. 

When we apply I hear she will get a bridging visa automatically and if it is rejected the rejection will take between 12 months and 2 years. So whatever happens we buy her 12 months in the country minimum ?

• I assume you are talking about a 820 onshore partner visa?
  • You can add Form 888 after you apply, but I think the application demands at least one Form 888.
  • IMMI will investigate your relationship, so far as to understand that it is genuine.  You not travelling with your partner for 4 weeks is OK.  IMMI understand that people have to manage their lives, jobs and money.  4 weeks apart is nothing to worry about.  Declare the trip is asked by IMMI, but its a future plan so its of little concern.
  • Yes register the relationship in Australia, or you will need to satisfy the 12 month relationship rule. Do your research on Registering your Relationship, I am no expert in this area.
  • When you apply, yes a BVA is **usually** issued immediately.  If the application is rejected, it is rejected and you will need to apply and pay again.  But IMMI usually ask you to make good before they reject.
  • The Bridging visa lasts until there is a decision, usually 2 years. But longer or shorter depending on your case.
  • The final decision if a yes usually takes the 2 years, but if it is a no, it can occur anytime between 1 month and 2 years, it depends on what is the reason for rejection.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

13 hours ago, AussieDude said:
  • I assume you are talking about a 820 onshore partner visa?
  • You can add Form 888 after you apply, but I think the application demands at least one Form 888.
  • IMMI will investigate your relationship, so far as to understand that it is genuine.  You not travelling with your partner for 4 weeks is OK.  IMMI understand that people have to manage their lives, jobs and money.  4 weeks apart is nothing to worry about.  Declare the trip is asked by IMMI, but its a future plan so its of little concern.
  • Yes register the relationship in Australia, or you will need to satisfy the 12 month relationship rule. Do your research on Registering your Relationship, I am no expert in this area.
  • When you apply, yes a BVA is **usually** issued immediately.  If the application is rejected, it is rejected and you will need to apply and pay again.  But IMMI usually ask you to make good before they reject.
  • The Bridging visa lasts until there is a decision, usually 2 years. But longer or shorter depending on your case.
  • The final decision if a yes usually takes the 2 years, but if it is a no, it can occur anytime between 1 month and 2 years, it depends on what is the reason for rejection.

Yeah onshore visa.

Did you mean "if asked by IMMI" do they ask if we have travelled separately ? (we haven't yet)

So if our application is awful, then it is likely to be rejected quickly ?