Sign in to follow this  
Saumya Samarawickrama

Visit Visa for Offshore PV Applicants

Hey applicant,

I’m Saumya, from Sri Lanka and I have already applied an offshore partner visa in March.and after that I have also applied for a Visit Visa for 3 months. I will fly to my husband in next week. My visit will due in December and it is a pleasure if you could give me the information for reapplying for another 6 months Visit visa.

Should I reapply for a visit visa after returning to my country or is there any probable way to extend it during my stay in Australia?

Thank u all

14 hours ago, Saumya Samarawickrama said:

Hey applicant,

I’m Saumya, from Sri Lanka and I have already applied an offshore partner visa in March.and after that I have also applied for a Visit Visa for 3 months. I will fly to my husband in next week. My visit will due in December and it is a pleasure if you could give me the information for reapplying for another 6 months Visit visa.

Should I reapply for a visit visa after returning to my country or is there any probable way to extend it during my stay in Australia?

Thank u all

Hi Saumya,

Congratulations on getting the visitor visa and welcome to Australia!

In relation to applying for an extension to your visitor visa, yes. You can apply for an extension to your visitor visa around the end of 3 months period. Applying for extension is nothing more than applying for a fresh visitor visa. You can apply it when you are in Australia itself or after going back to your home country. If I were you, I would apply while in Australia itself. Another thing to note is, your visitor visa might have multiple entry clause with the last arrival date. If it does, then instead of applying for a new visitor visa, you can go out of Australia and come back within that last arrival date and your visitor visa will extend for another 3 months. Hope it helps.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, Saumya Samarawickrama said:

Hey applicant,

Thank u all

You can apply for an extension ON-SHORE, providing that your current VV does NOT HAVE condition 8503 (No further stay) applied. If it has condition 8503, then you MUST leave at the end of the first visa.

If you must apply offshore, then you can re-apply for a new VV the day you leave Australia.

Check for a 8503.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:48 AM, ralexander said:

You can apply it when you are in Australia itself or after going back to your home country. If I were you, I would apply while in Australia itself. Another thing to note is, your visitor visa might have multiple entry clause with the last arrival date. If it does, then instead of applying for a new visitor visa, you can go out of Australia and come back within that last arrival date and your visitor visa will extend for another 3 months. Hope it helps.

@ralexanderPlease be accurate.    You can only apply for an extension/renewal/etc ON-SHORE if the current visa DOES NOT have a Condition 8503 applied.  

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.