Hello. 

Like the title says I believe I missed a call from the department. It was from a Private number, no way to call back. 

I'm from Mexico, been 7 months since DOL and almost 3 since RFI. Processing in Canada. 

People mentioned scam calls, but here they are always with a number and they will keep calling. In this case I just had that single call. 

Is there any way I can reach them? Or someone know if they will call back soon? What are your experiences with this? 

Not everyone gets a call from Immi for an interview. It does seem to be country specific. Not sure about Mexico

With my job i get about 10 calls a day from private numbers, i answer all of them

If it was from Immi im sure they will call again 

9 hours ago, PatRen said:

Hello. 

Like the title says I believe I missed a call from the department. It was from a Private number, no way to call back. 

If you have missed a call from IMMI, they will try several times. If all attempts fail, then IMMI will send a letter/email giving you xx days to contact them.  IMMI dont usually call from private numbers, but, some of the outsourced Visa processing agencies outside of Australia, that IMMI employ, do use unlisted numbers.

There is a saying inside IMMI, "if multiple phone calls, emails and letters fail to raise a contact, how serious could this applicant be".  The owness is on YOU to ensure that IMMI have correct and current phone, email and postal details. There are numerous appeals that have been rejected, where the appeal was based on the grounds that IMMI was ringing the wrong number, or the emails were getting sent to spam.

Any phone interview calls from a IMMI officer will be very official, structured and organised, they will usually state their full name, ID,  and the Branch where they work.  They will ask you for a privacy release, and they will verify your ID, usually via your Application number etc, so have all that on hand. 

Follow up calls from your CW who is known to you, and you to them, can be less formal.

If you doubt the callers authenticity, ask for a call back number, which they must provide.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.