Lew Loop

Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801)

Hi,

My Filipina GF is here on a 12 month TV with further stay allowed that expires on the 4th Oct.I have filled out the Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) application but it hasn't asked me anywhere for supporting documents?

Is this normal for the stage 1?

I have the police checks from her country and many of the other relevant documents to lodge but not sure where or when to do it.

5 hours ago, SammyJ said:

You can only upload documents after you lodge and pay for the application

Tip: Dont refer to her as your GF in the application. Use the term partner

Thanks. Yes i thought twice after writing GF on here but i'll certainly take your tip.

PMV VISA GRANTED!🎉

*Timeline*

- Date of lodgement PMV: February 20 2019

- Applied for Visitor visa: April 04 2019

- Visitor visa rejected: April 11 2019

- Request for HIV test: June 02 2019

- Visa granted: September 06 2019

I'm from Mexico, my visa was processed in Ottawa, Canada office.

My application was front loaded, except Police checks (that we upload in April, applicant and sponsor's) and for the medicals they re-used my visitor visa medical exams for my PMV that's why they only asked for the HIV test.

200 days of waiting. Almost 7 months.

Thank you so much for all the advice that I received here. I'll see you in the next stage!😄

On 9/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, SammyJ said:

You can only upload documents after you lodge and pay for the application

Tip: Dont refer to her as your GF in the application. Use the term partner

Hey! how did you pay online? 

Pay for an online application

You can pay for online applications in ImmiAccount.

Pay in ImmiAccount

Payment is the last step when you lodge an application in ImmiAccount. You can pay by:

• credit card
  • PayPal
  • UnionPay
  • BPAY

On 9/7/2019 at 6:52 PM, Lew Loop said:

Hi,

My Filipina GF is here on a 12 month TV with further stay allowed that expires on the 4th Oct.I have filled out the Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) application but it hasn't asked me anywhere for supporting documents?

Is this normal for the stage 1?

I have the police checks from her country and many of the other relevant documents to lodge but not sure where or when to do it.

If you are applying a fiance visa ( Stage 1- Prospective Marriage visa) the applicant must be outside Australia when she applies for the visa and granted the visa. Not sure in your case.

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

If you are applying a fiance visa ( Stage 1- Prospective Marriage visa) the applicant must be outside Australia when she applies for the visa and granted the visa. Not sure in your case.

Irrelevant to the question. You can't upload evidence until after you have submitted and your payment has been received

On 9/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, Aussie_83 said:

Irrelevant to the question. You can't upload evidence until after you have submitted and your payment has been received

ohh sorry, I misunderstood. 

By the way, I have a question about the written statements for the applicant and sponsor. Do we need it to be witnessed or just signed and dated?

3 hours ago, Jackie said:

ohh sorry, I misunderstood. 

By the way, I have a question about the written statements for the applicant and sponsor. Do we need it to be witnessed or just signed and dated?

Entirely up to you.

Solve just used the boxes on the online form (that's all we did) some do stat secs, some do statements. Whatever you feel most comfortable with

Hi,

I applied for my wife's visa in December 2018 and still waiting on the outcome. Medical examinations were finalised in February.

Anybody got information on what type of questions they  ask during phone interviews ? Do both husband and wife get interview calls ?

So my Partners TV expires on the 2nd Oct (next week) and her latest 3 month entry on it finishes on the the 17th Nov and is the date her Bridging Visa commences... Visitor ends on 17 November 2019

Does that mean that she won't get her Medicare card and permission to work until the 17th Nov? looks that way.

10 minutes ago, Lew Loop said:

So my Partners TV expires on the 2nd Oct (next week) and her latest 3 month entry on it finishes on the the 17th Nov and is the date her Bridging Visa commences... Visitor ends on 17 November 2019

Does that mean that she won't get her Medicare card and permission to work until the 17th Nov? looks that way.

You can apply for Medicare when you lodge an 820. Nothing to do with Bridging Visas or TV

The work side of things....yes when her Bridging Visa commences she can then work

2 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

You can apply for Medicare when you lodge an 820. Nothing to do with Bridging Visas or TV

Ok thanks. I guess we just rock up to a Medicare office with some documents and apply there?

What about work?

1 minute ago, Lew Loop said:

Ok thanks. I guess we just rock up to a Medicare office with some documents and apply there?

What about work?

Yes you will need passport and the 820 visa  acknowledgement letter. We also took in a printout of VEVO

She can only work once her TV ends

9 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

Yes you will need passport and the 820 visa  acknowledgement letter. We also took in a printout of VEVO

She can only work once her TV ends

Thanks,that's where i got confused.

Her TV expires next week but her 3 month permission to stay ends on the 17th Nov so i thought she would be able to work from next week.

8 minutes ago, Lew Loop said:

Thanks,that's where i got confused.

Her TV expires next week but her 3 month permission to stay ends on the 17th Nov so i thought she would be able to work from next week.

Yeah sorry should've been more clear. 

Number 1 rule: Can't work on TV. So when the BVA kicks in you're good to go 

Always check VEVO if you're ever confused about what visa you are on