Tibor

Waiting time for PMV 300 from Philippines

HI, We submitted our application - via a MARA accredited agent in Phils -  in May 2018. Recently - about 3 weeks ago - while my fiancee was here on her second 3 months tourist visa - we were asked fro updated information of expired documents (2 for her and the Marriage celebrant letter, no 4 so far). The agent still cannot tell / say when the approval will be given and just advises us to sit back, keep busy and wait (brrrgh). We are now in our 17th months of waiting. Anyone has any timing experience for PMV 300 visa from Philippines? It would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Tibor said:

HI, We submitted our application - via a MARA accredited agent in Phils -  in May 2018. Recently - about 3 weeks ago - while my fiancee was here on her second 3 months tourist visa - we were asked fro updated information of expired documents (2 for her and the Marriage celebrant letter, no 4 so far). The agent still cannot tell / say when the approval will be given and just advises us to sit back, keep busy and wait (brrrgh). We are now in our 17th months of waiting. Anyone has any timing experience for PMV 300 visa from Philippines? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there,

I applied for partner visa 309. It's been 13 months now. Still within the processing times. Wow that's been such a long wait. 😣

This is really ridiculous. You are asked to pay a huge amount of money, plus the expenses and you have no idea when you get (if you get it) what you paid for and just have to hope that you still have why you paid for something (relationship, especially in LDR) by the time you get it. During the process you have no idea what is happening, how long it is going to take and whether anything is happening at all. Large part of the time nothing is happening as no properly submitted application should require that time to assess. Also what other things - like number of allowed subclass visa from a specific place (i.e. Philippines) are available. By the way, have you got it or still waiting?

18 minutes ago, Tibor said:

This is really ridiculous. You are asked to pay a huge amount of money, plus the expenses and you have no idea when you get (if you get it) what you paid for and just have to hope that you still have why you paid for something (relationship, especially in LDR) by the time you get it. During the process you have no idea what is happening, how long it is going to take and whether anything is happening at all. Large part of the time nothing is happening as no properly submitted application should require that time to assess. Also what other things - like number of allowed subclass visa from a specific place (i.e. Philippines) are available. By the way, have you got it or still waiting?

I agree to that. It's also very costly to book tickets just to see your partner. My partner and I take turns to see each other every 3-4 months while waiting for the visa. We know that we can't take long leave from work here in PH every 3-4 months. 

I submitted everything that's applicable to us. Even had the medical done in hope that in case they check on our application, everything's been submitted.

I'm still waiting. The status is still on Received. The timeframes changing a lot too but recently it's been on 15-20 months processing time. It can get frustrating given the time and money wasted because of LDR. 

I constantly check the forum for people who might have the visa granted and the wait times. 

4 hours ago, smac26 said:

I agree to that. It's also very costly to book tickets just to see your partner. My partner and I take turns to see each other every 3-4 months while waiting for the visa. We know that we can't take long leave from work here in PH every 3-4 months. 

I submitted everything that's applicable to us. Even had the medical done in hope that in case they check on our application, everything's been submitted.

I'm still waiting. The status is still on Received. The timeframes changing a lot too but recently it's been on 15-20 months processing time. It can get frustrating given the time and money wasted because of LDR. 

I constantly check the forum for people who might have the visa granted and the wait times. 

yeah agree its very costly, thats why i think i will lodge my partner onshore, at least we will be together..

On 9/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, SammyJ said:

Yikes 17 months!! My wife is from the Philippines. Our PMV 300 took 2 months. Dec 2017 grant

Hey Sammy! Jackie here again. I have a question again related to the written statements for both applicant and sponsor. Do the written statements need to be witnessed? or we just sign and date them? I heard about the written statement for the sponsor should be in Stat Dec. What should we do?

Hi Tibor, ours is much similar. We applied in June 2018 and are also still waiting. It's all very frustrating being in the dark, especially hearing all the time that people get their's granted so quickly from other countries and we get no explanation or expectation, just that we have to wait. It could be tomorrow, it could be a year away. Very annoying