RedDee

309 Sponsor - countries lived & travelled query

Hello, firstly, thank you to all those that respond to peoples questions. You have all been my 'go to guide' as we've navigated through the 309 application. My husbands Visa application is submitted(phew) and I'm just completing the online Sponsorship application. I have 2 questions around page 16 "Countries resided/visited" that I can't see to find in a search of this site.

1. "Has the sponsor lived in any country for more than 12 months cumulatively in the past 10 years?" - so I have my Australian address that I was at for 3years before moving to Belgium. I then add 'Belgium' as the next country. I've lived at 2 addresses here. It asks for the last permanent address (which we've lived out for 4 of the 7 years). My question is the "date from /to" - does this refer only to the address or does it refer to the Country? If I put the address dates, then it looks like a 'gap'. If I add the time in Belgium for the last 7 years, it could read that I've lived at that address for 7 years. Suggestions?

2. "Has the sponsor visited any countries in the past 10 years?" - Is this everything EXCEPT the country of residence (Belgium)? Does it include returning to Australia? As stated above, I've lived in Belgium for 7 years, have travelled extensively in Europe (which I can cover off ok) but also have had annual trips to Australia. Alternatively is 'living here' considered 'travel in'? Apologies if I'm over complicating things, sometimes you "can't see the wood for the trees".

Any suggestions appreciated.

We have included all our addresses in each country we lived in to avoid any questions on the gap.

We have also included all visits back to Australia when we lived overseas - around 15 in the 10 years we were away.

On 9/20/2019 at 2:51 AM, taco said:

We have included all our addresses in each country we lived in to avoid any questions on the gap.

We have also included all visits back to Australia when we lived overseas - around 15 in the 10 years we were away.

Hi Taco, with regards to travels for the past ten years my fiance can't find his old passport and forgot the date when he visited Thailand in Sep. 2011. Couldn't trace the agency they used and no fb post or emails. Is it ok if I don't include it.

IMMI are reasonable people, as are all Australians.

Provide what information you can, and highlight the dates you can not be accurate over. If you dont know, or cant remember then state such.  To forget is HUman, to make shit up is a crime.

IMMI has access to most of the travel data, but they like you to jump through hoops.

Stop stressing, just do your best.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

I would do best guess and clarify that you may not sure about dates. I had a lot of travel within the EU where passports no longer get checked and just did best endeavours.