coyote764

Lodging Onshore PV with No Witnesses

Hello all, 

I've made my way to Australia to join my wife who is Australian Resident. I am in the process of lodging the initial application and am about 3/4 of the way through the application and have hit a brick wall.  Its asking for at least two witnesses of our relationship. Even though my wife and I are in a genuine relationship and have been married for a year, we have virtually no Australian witnesses to add to the application. My wife and I have spent the last year together in US working and now have no one to legitimize our relationship except one of my wife's older  Australian friends who I have met only a couple times in person.  We have a few friends and relatives in the U.S. who can witness but we are here now and are missing a vital element of my visa application. We cant just invent friends who know us, so how are we supposed to continue with my application? 

Thank You In Advance

8 hours ago, SUHI said:

Hi @coyote764

There is no requirement that the people who will fill in Form 888 should be in Australia or be Australian residents.

Read the first paragraph of Form 888 to find out who can fill this form

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/888.pdf

This is what I took from the drop down "?" on my application page. Since I am onshore it seems I am unable to use witness other than AU citizen or Permanent Residents, correct me if i'm wrong

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-text/eplus/Pages/elp-h0880.aspx

Hi @coyote764

Did you read the part I asked you to read on the Form 888 above?

Did you read all the information (all the way up to the end) on the link you provided above?
If you did, you would find that both Form 888 and the link you provided agree with me on what I said earlier regarding who could fill in Form 888.

Visa: PMV Subclass 300, Lodged: Mid Apr 2019, Medicals: Cleared, Status: Further processing

5 hours ago, SUHI said:

Hi @coyote764

Did you read the part I asked you to read on the Form 888 above?

Did you read all the information (all the way up to the end) on the link you provided above?
If you did, you would find that both Form 888 and the link you provided agree with me on what I said earlier regarding who could fill in Form 888.

Yes, I read completely. The way I Interpret is that If I am OUTSIDE AU (which I am not),  AND UNABLE ( not "OR" unable ) to get Aussie to witness. 

Thanks for you input but I am not seeing that it gives me any option unless I am outside the country.