visa123

OnShore PV Application Questions

Hi there,

We are almost about ready to lodge an onshore PV application, but I have a few last things I want to make 100% sure of please, I hope you can bear through this with me. 

1. We are engaged :D, since the partner visa process is so long, should we get married in the processing time, will this negatively effect our application?

2. I (Non Aus resident, applicant) have written the relationship statement covering from when we met until current, should my partner (Aus resident, partner) write her own or will her signature on mine be fine?

3. In the above mentioned statement, I have mentioned many events, travel etc. With each event, in brackets I put which document the CO should refer to for proof, pictures etc, is this ok?

4. With the above mentioned pictures, I have listed under the picture from left to right each persons name and surname, will this suffice? 

5. Once I am granted a bridging visa, Do I have to wait for that to become my active visa before applying for medicare?

6. For everything other "Pillar" of the application I have also written a short statement explaining how we share money, household chores etc, will my partner signature on these be fine? I also refer to other documents for proof. 

7. My partner (Aus resident) has her first PR expire, she was granted a RRV and needs to be in AUS before July 2020, does this still make her eligible to be my sponsor? 

Any other advise? Any hints at when the new partner visa laws come in? 

Thank you so much in advance. 

2 hours ago, visa123 said:

Hi there,

We are almost about ready to lodge an onshore PV application, but I have a few last things I want to make 100% sure of please, I hope you can bear through this with me. 

1. We are engaged :D, since the partner visa process is so long, should we get married in the processing time, will this negatively effect our application?

2. I (Non Aus resident, applicant) have written the relationship statement covering from when we met until current, should my partner (Aus resident, partner) write her own or will her signature on mine be fine?

3. In the above mentioned statement, I have mentioned many events, travel etc. With each event, in brackets I put which document the CO should refer to for proof, pictures etc, is this ok?

4. With the above mentioned pictures, I have listed under the picture from left to right each persons name and surname, will this suffice? 

5. Once I am granted a bridging visa, Do I have to wait for that to become my active visa before applying for medicare?

6. For everything other "Pillar" of the application I have also written a short statement explaining how we share money, household chores etc, will my partner signature on these be fine? I also refer to other documents for proof. 

7. My partner (Aus resident) has her first PR expire, she was granted a RRV and needs to be in AUS before July 2020, does this still make her eligible to be my sponsor? 

Any other advise? Any hints at when the new partner visa laws come in? 

Thank you so much in advance. 

1: Marriage (or not) has no effect on a PV

2:Both applicant and sponsor need a separate statement in their own words. DO NOT have both signatures on each statement

3:Yes

4: Yes

5: You can apply for medicare once you have lodged the PV. You do not have to wait for the BVA to become active

6: The 820 PV is an application for the applicant only. Sponsor has nothing to do with it. DO NOT have 2 signatures on anything. The sponsor has their own application

7: The Permanent Residency never expires...only the travel facility does