I am a PR holder, which will expire by next year. I read that in order to renew your PR visa, you'll have to stay 2 years in australia in a 5 years period. But this past few years I need to finish my education overseas and therefore I just able to come and stay pemanently in Australia by next month. In total, I might only able to fullfill roughly 1 year and 3 months from those 5 years period. 

What will happen to my PR? Can I still able to renew my PR? 

Your response is much appreciated. 

46 minutes ago, Aussie_83 said:

Your PR doesn't expire the travel rights do. So not an issue to stay in the country but wouldn't think your chances of getting a 5 year RRV would be good, though you might get a 1 year one

Does this mean that I dont have to renew my PR if I keep staying in australia, but only need to renew my PR if I need to travel overseas? 

6 hours ago, Michael Lie said:

Does this mean that I dont have to renew my PR if I keep staying in australia, but only need to renew my PR if I need to travel overseas? 

Yes. As long as you are in Australia before the "must not arrive after" date and you don't need to travel outside Australia, you don't need to get a Returning Resident Visa. Your PR visa doesn't expire. It is only the travel facility that expires.

Visa: PMV Subclass 300, Lodged: Mid Apr 2019, Medicals: Cleared, Status: Further processing