Sign in to follow this  
DannyEvans92

Access to PR - Recruitment Consultant

I have lived in Australia since June 2016 and i have been working for the same business for the past 3 years, the employer sponsored me in May 2017 (After Turnbull Gov't Changes), this put me on a 457 short term for 2 years, which has since lapsed and i am now on a 482 visa for the next 2 years. If my occupation was on the MLTSSL, i could apply for PR right now, i was hoping that the occupation lists would be combined into one list with all listed occupations accessible to PR.

I've just seen that the Department released a traffic light bulletin for March 2020 with no mention of Recruitment Consultant on there which is a huge disappointment as i expected a loosening of the bureaucracy which would enable me to apply for PR.

i have set up a life here now over the past 3 years and i am settled, however, i am keen on securing a residency status but it looks like it's not going to be easy and it looks like i am going to have to stay in the same occupation at the same company hoping that someday in the next year or 2 the list changes allowing me to apply for PR right away, unless anyone knows of any other ideas?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated!

TIA,

Dan