I would like to apply for a WHV 417, my 31st birthday is next week so I am kind of in a rush but I have a few questions :)

Many years ago I was riding my bike and was stopped by the police. I failed the alcohol test and after a few months I got the official paper work from the court. I was not convicted, my driver´s licence was not taken, I only had to pay a fine. They only said that if I had been caught again within the next two years, this would have been written on my criminal record. Nothing happened so that my criminal record is officially “clean”. My question is..should I still declare it? Obviously, I do not want to lie but I do not know if it makes sense to say it or not. Would I ruin the chances to get the visa?

Second question. My national ID card expired and I still did not get the new one. I don´t think that this will happen before my birthday. However I still have a valid passport, birth certificate and driver´s licence. Do you think that this would be enough?

Last question, bank statement. Do you know if also this document should be in English? My bank would only give it in german but my data and the amount of money that I have is anyway pretty clear.

Thanks a lot for any help you could give me!!

Cheers, E.

On 12/18/2019 at 12:19 AM, EF8 said:

I would like to apply for a WHV 417, my 31st birthday is next week so I am kind of in a rush but I have a few questions :)

Many years ago I was riding my bike and was stopped by the police. I failed the alcohol test and after a few months I got the official paper work from the court. I was not convicted, my driver´s licence was not taken, I only had to pay a fine. They only said that if I had been caught again within the next two years, this would have been written on my criminal record. Nothing happened so that my criminal record is officially “clean”. My question is..should I still declare it? Obviously, I do not want to lie but I do not know if it makes sense to say it or not. Would I ruin the chances to get the visa?

Second question. My national ID card expired and I still did not get the new one. I don´t think that this will happen before my birthday. However I still have a valid passport, birth certificate and driver´s licence. Do you think that this would be enough?

Last question, bank statement. Do you know if also this document should be in English? My bank would only give it in german but my data and the amount of money that I have is anyway pretty clear.

Thanks a lot for any help you could give me!!

Cheers, E.

Not knowing your nationality, and your home law, its difficult to advise.  But as you were not convicted, technically you do not have a criminal record.  So you can answer such with a clear conscience. But, you did receive a fine, so you were guilty of at least a misdemeanour. Which may or may not appear on a police report which you will need to supply.

To be safe I would be open.  I would state "Minor driving offence, no conviction recorded, no loss of license,  fine imposed".

Supply your passport, Birth cert and a copy of your expired ID card, with a note explaining a new one is on the way and will be sent through when you receive it.

With the bank statement, as long as your name is clearly stated on the statement as in your passport, then you should be OK.  Technically it should be translated but, give it a go first.  It should be OK.  Things like you Birth Certificate and ID card must be translated.  Translators usually charge less in bulk.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.