Sign in to follow this  
visa123

Final Questions before Submission

HI There,

First off, I would just like to say thank you for this forum, it has great quality information and help. It has saved me a lot of stress. 

Myself and my partner are now basically ready to lodge our partner visa application (Onshore) after close to a year of preparation. Before we lodge we have some last questions, some might sound silly so I apologise and thank you in advance for helping us with these:

1. We have both completed in depth relationship statements starting from the day we first met in a story setting stating all important dates and then in brackets pointing to the relevant evident (Plane tickets, images, bank statements etc), we hope this will cover each of the four pillars as it is quite detailed. Although for each pillar we have a short document as a summary and again pointing to all evidence relevant to that pillar. Will this suffice? 

2. Evidence type: We are aware that we should try for everything to be in PDF. For proof to show we share the rent for example, we both have bank statements with the relevant fields highlighted and the same with "Random" statements showing we have sent money to each other over the last few years, will this suffice?

3. We have lived together for the past few years in South Africa and now plan to continue our lives in Australia (Melbourne). For the first few weeks we will be staying with her parents in Australia, will we show this as our address in Australia? And will the department have an issue with us living with her parents for the first few weeks?

4. Once we get our own place in Australia, how do we update the department on our new address and new situation? Since all our evidence will be relating to our address we stayed together at in South Africa? Do we start to gather new evidence and then upload an updated relationship statement with all the new information? 

I think that is it for now, thank you again!!

23 hours ago, visa123 said:

HI There,

First off, I would just like to say thank you for this forum, it has great quality information and help. It has saved me a lot of stress. 

Myself and my partner are now basically ready to lodge our partner visa application (Onshore) after close to a year of preparation. Before we lodge we have some last questions, some might sound silly so I apologise and thank you in advance for helping us with these:

1. We have both completed in depth relationship statements starting from the day we first met in a story setting stating all important dates and then in brackets pointing to the relevant evident (Plane tickets, images, bank statements etc), we hope this will cover each of the four pillars as it is quite detailed. Although for each pillar we have a short document as a summary and again pointing to all evidence relevant to that pillar. Will this suffice? 

2. Evidence type: We are aware that we should try for everything to be in PDF. For proof to show we share the rent for example, we both have bank statements with the relevant fields highlighted and the same with "Random" statements showing we have sent money to each other over the last few years, will this suffice?

3. We have lived together for the past few years in South Africa and now plan to continue our lives in Australia (Melbourne). For the first few weeks we will be staying with her parents in Australia, will we show this as our address in Australia? And will the department have an issue with us living with her parents for the first few weeks?

4. Once we get our own place in Australia, how do we update the department on our new address and new situation? Since all our evidence will be relating to our address we stayed together at in South Africa? Do we start to gather new evidence and then upload an updated relationship statement with all the new information? 

I think that is it for now, thank you again!!

1. A sound approach.  IMMI will always ask if they need to know more.
  2. Yes, providing two points of reference for an evidential item is perfect.
  3. No
  4. I quote..

If your personal details such as your address, contact details or gender have changed, you can tell us about changes to your personal details in two ways.

Applied online 
You can update your contact details in ImmiAccount on the 'Update us' tab.

Applied on paper or unable to update online
If you applied on paper or can't update your details online, complete Form 929 - Change of address and/or passport details form (172KB PDF).

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

4 hours ago, AussieDude said:
  1. A sound approach.  IMMI will always ask if they need to know more.
  2. Yes, providing two points of reference for an evidential item is perfect.
  3. No
  4. I quote..

If your personal details such as your address, contact details or gender have changed, you can tell us about changes to your personal details in two ways.

Applied online 
You can update your contact details in ImmiAccount on the 'Update us' tab.

Applied on paper or unable to update online
If you applied on paper or can't update your details online, complete Form 929 - Change of address and/or passport details form (172KB PDF).

Thank you so much. 

regarding my bridging visa, my visitor visa has multiple entries for 1 year each entry valid for 3 months. 
so does my bridging visa come into effect when the visa expires after 1 year or after the 3 months from date on entry? 

4 hours ago, visa123 said:

Thank you so much. 

regarding my bridging visa, my visitor visa has multiple entries for 1 year each entry valid for 3 months. 
so does my bridging visa come into effect when the visa expires after 1 year or after the 3 months from date on entry? 

BV comes into effect when your VV expires in 12 months.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

4 hours ago, Aussie_83 said:

Seeing there is a 3 month stay on entry it's at the end of the 3 months

Thanks for the correction.

Disclaimer:

1 hour ago, Aussie_83 said:

All good we aren't perfect..... I try and tell my wife I am not for some reason she doesn't believe me

I thought I was wrong once, but i was mistaken.

Disclaimer:

5 hours ago, Aussie_83 said:

Was that when you said sang som was horrible?

Even the thought of SangSom makes me retch.  LOL

Disclaimer: