Sign in to follow this  
shantanu

partner skills point claim doubt for skilled occupation

Dear Team,

I hope you all are doing great !!
I am applying for EOI, and i have a doubt on claiming partner points.

I(main applicant) qualified for skill --> Software Engineer - 261313
My Partner qualified for --> Software Tester - 261314

My partner also have competent English, and under 45 yrs old as well. 

I am thinking to apply for both Subclass 189 and 190.

Could uou please suggest your opinion that,

Can i claim 10 points for both visa subclass 189 & 190 ?
Or
I can claim 10 points only for visa subclass 190?

10 hours ago, shantanu said:

Can i claim 10 points for both visa subclass 189 & 190 ?
Or
I can claim 10 points only for visa subclass 190?

From my reading the points criteria for Partners for a 189 and a 190 are identical. 

The key question is Competent English.  But on what you provide your partner seems to qualify for 10 points on  a 189 and 190.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

11 minutes ago, AussieDude said:

From my reading the points criteria for Partners for a 189 and a 190 are identical. 

The key question is Competent English.  But on what you provide your partner seems to qualify for 10 points on  a 189 and 190.

Hi Grand,

Thanks a lot for quick reply. I am sorry for asking same question again. I went throgh some link and get to know about below informations. Could you please suggesst your opinion  again after having a look on below information.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-independent-189/points-table --> Partner Skills
had nominated a skilled occupation that is on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated skilled occupation

I went through above links and they have mentioned about same skill occupation list.  After this, i went through below link and get to know about below limitation.

Software Engineer - 261313 --> is eligible for 189 and 190, But
Software Tester - 261314 --> is eligible for 190 only.

I am in doubt due to "same skill occupation list" criteria, as my skill (main applicant - 261313) applicable for both 189 and 190 sub class, but my partner (261314) is applicable for 190 sub class.

What's your opinion, after going through above references?

Thanks 

49 minutes ago, shantanu said:

Hi Grand,

Thanks a lot for quick reply. I am sorry for asking same question again. I went throgh some link and get to know about below informations. Could you please suggesst your opinion  again after having a look on below information.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-independent-189/points-table --> Partner Skills
had nominated a skilled occupation that is on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated skilled occupation

I went through above links and they have mentioned about same skill occupation list.  After this, i went through below link and get to know about below limitation.

I am in doubt due to "same skill occupation list" criteria, as my skill (main applicant - 261313) applicable for both 189 and 190 sub class, but my partner (261314) is applicable for 190 sub class.

Thanks 

Not sure of your question, but each visa type has different occupations that are eligible.  As you have found.

So, as you have found you can only apply for a 190, as your partners occupation is not eligible for a 189.  Is there anyway your partner could qualify as a SW Eng, or Programer?  

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Hi there, i got invited for 190 visa and going to submit document in the IMMI account. Previously when i declared in my EOI , my point is 75 because the latest change in november on the point system grant person with "single" status 10 points and i had already secured the state nomination.

However i am going to get married by end of next Feb 2020, if i update the status now to "engaged" or "fiance", will it reduce by 5 points and might void the invitation ? My marriage date is after the invitation submission date as the document compilation and submission will be completed in Jan 2020, so technically at this point in time i am still single in the eye of law. Now the ultimate question, should i declare my status as "single" still or "engaged"? What are the possible implication? if i put myself as single now , will it be very difficult to get spouse PR for my fiancee in the near future?

Note: The breakdown of my point is as per below
age - 30 points
english skill - 10 points
skilled employment - 5 points
education - 15 points
Partner skill "single"- 10 points
state nomination - 5 points
total - 75 points

On 12/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, shantanu said:

Hi Grand,

Hi, i am hoping you may be able to shed some light on a similar situation i am in. i have received an invite to apply but hitting a little problem.
my agent is saying that after claiming the 5 points for partner English (UK passport) on the 190 application form, under the "partner skills" there is no option to select the 5 points only the 10? this is the closest post on any forum to the issue i am facing. i have tried SA and DHA and they have no answer for me! my agent has lodged the technical support form to resolve this issue as she believes there is an issue with the application. my deadline to submit is 11th Feb and need some advice! 

any advice? 

thanks

Thanks