Sign in to follow this  
Anna89

Visa 457 transfer of sponsor

Hi guys

I opened a subject on another topic on partner visa clarification and found the comments super helpful so would be great to have your help again :)

I am French and I have a 457 sponsorship visa (Procurement) which expires in Feb 2021.

I have been wondering about changing job recently and changing company. However when talking to recruitment agencies they were quite concerned about the process itself.

I consulted a lawyer on this who reassured me, but it would be great to have your thoughts on what he told me to follow :

1) Check if the company is registered as a sponsor

2) Check if the company has properly communicated the job offer (not very clear about this??)

3) Once I get confirmation on the eligibility, quit my current company 

4) Work with the new sponsor to gather the documents and lodge the transfer application within 60 days, which is the time I have left in my visa after termination with my current employer to find a new sponso

5) Wait for the visa transfer to be granted which can be weeks to months (I wasn’t clear on the period??!

Does this seem ok to you? Is it a risky approach?

Many thanks again for your help