andre1234

biometrics

Hi, Im from Mexico and yesterday I payed my Visitor Visa but I did not realize that I have to do the Biometrics within now and 14 days, what happens If I can not be able to do the Biometrics until January 31? What can I do? I hope someone can help me

•  

8 hours ago, andre1234 said:

Hi, Im from Mexico and yesterday I payed my Visitor Visa but I did not realize that I have to do the Biometrics within now and 14 days, what happens If I can not be able to do the Biometrics until January 31? What can I do? I hope someone can help me

•  

If you do not do the biometrics within the required time your visitor visa will be refused. If you cannot do the biometrics until 31 January, then I would suggest withdrawing your application and submitting it again closed to 31 January.  

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

6 minutes ago, andre1234 said:

Thank you so much for answering me. But if I withdraw my Application I am going to lose my money right? Is there anything I can do for get my money back?

You may have success in submitting a refund request. You will need to use the Department's Form 1424 Refund Request (attached).

I would recommend that if you do proceed with withdrawing your application and resubmitting, that you wait until your next application is submitted and paid for. Explain the reasons why you were unable to attend to the biometrics, and that you withdrew your first application and subsequently resubmitted it, again paying a further visa fee. 

1424.pdf

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.