Jump to content
ausdaz

Any loopholes or ways around extending a working holiday without completing farmwork

Recommended Posts

My partner has come over from Canada and been here for the past 11 months, she missed her window to do farmwork but we were hoping to find a way to stay a little longer and to work just until i can sort out my visa for going back over there. Any advice or loopholes would be appreciated. Unfortunately we dont have the money to keep her here without both our incomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ausdaz said:

My partner has come over from Canada and been here for the past 11 months, she missed her window to do farmwork but we were hoping to find a way to stay a little longer and to work just until i can sort out my visa for going back over there. Any advice or loopholes would be appreciated. Unfortunately we dont have the money to keep her here without both our incomes.

Unless she has done the specified work she will not be able to apply for a further working holiday visa. If her visa does not have condition 8503 she can apply for a visitor visa, but it won't have work rights attached.


Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 8:45 PM, AFV said:

Unless she has done the specified work she will not be able to apply for a further working holiday visa. If her visa does not have condition 8503 she can apply for a visitor visa, but it won't have work rights attached.

Jeez, they don’t make it easy.... I guess that’s it then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ausdaz said:

Jeez, they don’t make it easy.... I guess that’s it then.

In Australia it is important to do things to according to the law/rules.


Visa: PMV Subclass 300, Lodged: Mid Apr 2019, Medicals: Cleared, Status: Further processing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...